Baked Bechamel Pasta. Return pasta to the pot and pour in bechamel sauce. Using a wooden spoon, mix well until all the pasta is coated with the sauce. Pasta lovers, may I present to you, the Egyptian version of Pastitsio.
There are many Italian baked pasta, or pasta al forno, recipes, the most common in the U. S. being lasagna and baked ziti. This particular dish is a bit reminiscent of baked ziti, though meatier and creamier. You can cook Baked Bechamel Pasta using 24 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Bechamel Pasta
- Prepare of For mince:.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of Beef/Chicken Mince.
- You need 1 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 4 tbs of oil (i used sunflower oil).
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped tomato.
- Prepare 1 tbs of garam masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tbs of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 of chicken stock (if using stock, don't add salt until required).
- It’s 4 tbs of tomato paste (packet/tin).
- It’s of For pasta:.
- You need 6 cups of pasta (you can also use spaghetti).
- It’s of Salt (as per requirement).
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- You need of Water for boil.
- It’s of For Bechamel sauce:.
- It’s 1 of full packet of bechamel powder (i used knorr brand).
- You need 6 cups of full cream milk.
- You need 2 tsp of Crushed pepper corns.
- Prepare of Salt (if required).
- It’s of Mozzarella cheese for topping.
- Prepare of Oregano to sprinkle on top.
Although this baked penne pasta recipe is traditionally considered a primo, it is hearty enough to stand as a meal on its own, perhaps accompanied by a green salad and some warm crusty bread. Easy Bechamel Sauce Leite's Culinaria. nutmeg, whole milk, unsalted butter, all purpose flour, fine sea salt. The key to pulling off Giada's decadent baked pasta dish is all in the bechamel sauce — a creamy mixture of butter, flour and whole milk that makes the perfect rich coating for the rigatoni and. Now for making the proper Bechamel pasta, take wide glass bowl (Make sure its safe to put in oven) or a baking tray.
Baked Bechamel Pasta step by step
- Take a pot and add water. Let it heat for few minutes. When you see the water almost starts boiling, add the cups pasta and then add salt and oil. Keep checking the pasta to avoid over boil..
- For Mince: After setting the pasta to boil on one side, take another pot and add oil, add onions and saute till onion becomes transparent and then add chopped garlic (4 cloves) and tomatoes..
- Let it cook for sometime and once you see tomatoes release water and is getting cooked, add mince (Beef/Chicken) and cook till mince changes its colour..
- Lower the flame and add chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and cumin powder. Mix well..
- Add chicken stock or salt. Make sure you check the saltiness and then adjust it as per requirement. Close the lid and cook for 8 mins..
- Add tomato paste and black pepper. Mix well and let it cook for another 6 – 7 mins..
- For Bechamel sauce: Once pasta is boiled and mince mixture is made. The last step is to make the Bechamel sauce..
- Take a pot and add milk. Let the milk turn warm and add the Bechamel powder and usually there will be pieces of powder collected and i would prefer you to take wooden spoon to mix the milk and Bechamel powder. If you have whisk, that would be amazing option instead of wooden spoon..
- Keep mixing the milk and Bechamel powder and in between add pepper corns powder. If required add salt..
- Keep mixing the sauce and slowly as the sauce heats up the thicker it gets. Once done, off the flame..
- Now for making the proper Bechamel pasta, take wide glass bowl (Make sure its safe to put in oven) or a baking tray..
- Firstly spread 4 tbs of Bechamel sauce on the glass bowl or tray..
- Then add half pasta on the top of sauce which was mentioned in above step. And add half of the Bechamel sauce on top of pasta..
- Then add full mince mixture on top of half pasta..
- Later add the rest pasta on top of mice mixture. And add the rest Bechamel sauce..
- Lastly, add mozzarella cheese on top as per preference. And sprinkle oregano on top of mozzarella chesse..
- Put in the oven for 120 degree for 25 mins (in some ovens temperature varies, so be careful). Add check every 15 mins to make sure the mozzarella cheese doesn't completely burn. Once the cheese turns golden brown, Remove it from over and let it cool a little. And serve..
Then add half pasta on the top of sauce which was mentioned in above step. Creamy Bake Pasta Easy Steps Cooking Passion. Home » Baked Penne Pasta Lasagna. This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and other sides. With its silky smooth and aromatic sauce made from butter, milk and all purpose flour (maida), it's a guaranteed way to delight your taste buds.