Plantain and beans porridge. Hi everybody This video is about me sharing with you guys how I make my beans and plantain porridge. This is one of my favourite recipes. There are a lot of delicious beans recipes and plantain recipes out there.
Beans Porridge is a delicacy in Nigeria, it is one of those Nigerian foods that are loved by every Nigerian. I really like the taste of porridge beans especially when it is made with ripe plantain, I only learned recently to fry the plantain instead of the old way of adding them to the cooking beans. Beans Porridge is not a very popular recipe due to the bloating associated with beans. You can cook Plantain and beans porridge using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Plantain and beans porridge
- It’s 2 cups of beans.
- Prepare 3 of fingers of plantain (half ripe).
- It’s of Palm oil.
- Prepare of Crayfish.
- Prepare of Onions.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need cubes of Seasoning.
- It’s of Dry fish.
Discover how you can begin to love beans. Note:To get the most out of beans, it is best to cook it with one of the following: sweet yam, ripe/unripe plantain, sweet potatoes or baby corn. Pepper&Salt to tasteNigerian Beans & Plantain Porridge. Unripe plantain porridge can be mashed and given to babies being introduced to solids.
Plantain and beans porridge step by step
- Wash the beans and put in a pot. Add some water, cover and put it on fire.
- While the beans is on fire, peel and cut the plant9into cubes. Wash and cover it down..
- Blend the crayfish and pepper, slice the onions and then wash the fish.
- Once the beans is soft, pour in the plantain, then add the blended pepper and crayfish, sliced onions, fish, salt, seasoning cubes, dry fish and palm oil.
- Stir well, cover the pot and allow to cook for about 20 minutes..
- Keep stirring to keep it from burning and also to achieve the thick nature of the porridge.
- After about 20-25 minutes, your porridge is ready to be served. Turn out the heat and bring the pot down..
A handful shred Ugu, uziza vegetables or scent leaves. Plantain porridge is a Nigerian vegetable stew made with the starchy cousin of common bananas. Plantains are simmered until tender in a flavorful broth along with assorted vegetables and sometimes fish, beans or meat. There is no one recipe for this nutritious dish. Nigerian Beans porridge is a delicious mix of brown beans, onions, pepper, salt and palm oil.