Beans and Plantain Porridge. There are a lot of delicious beans recipes and plantain recipes out there. But did you know that you can actually combine these two ingredients and make an incredibly delicious meal? Well, today, we are going to tell you how to cook beans and plantain porridge so that you can find out for yourself how.
And your Beans and Plantain Porridge is ready. You can eat it as it is or topped with tomato stew, or simply serve with bread. Beans Porridge is not a very popular recipe due to the bloating associated with beans. You can cook Beans and Plantain Porridge using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beans and Plantain Porridge
- You need 4 of cooking spoon parboiled beans.
- Prepare 2 of fingers Plantains.
- You need of Pounded pepper and spices.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of ground crayfish.
- Prepare 3 of cooking spoons P.oil.
- You need 2 of stock cubes.
- You need 1 of big Onions.
- It’s of Efo (green leaves).
- It’s of Fried fish.
Discover how you can begin to love beans. Put the beans in a pot and pour water up to the level of the beans and start cooking. Note: If you have a pressure cooker, beans is one of the staple foods you will want to. Unripe plantain porridge can be mashed and given to babies being introduced to solids.
Beans and Plantain Porridge step by step
- Cut plantains into small chunky rings. Set aside. Cut onions in cubes and set aside..
- Cut efo(green leaves) and set aside too..
- Put a dry and clean pot on fire. Add in oil and allow to heat up..
- Pour in plantain and stir. Allow to fry a bit, 3mins then add in your beans. Stir fry for 3mins..
- Add in pepper mix, crayfish, stir well so everything incorporates. Cover pot and allow food simmer for 3mins..
- Remove lid and add in Efo and Onion. Mix well, add fish and allow for 2mins and put off heat..
A handful shred Ugu, uziza vegetables or scent leaves. Plantain porridge is a Nigerian vegetable stew made with the starchy cousin of common bananas. Plantains are simmered until tender in a flavorful broth along with assorted vegetables and sometimes fish, beans or meat. There is no one recipe for this nutritious dish. Beans porridge is a very healthy and simple dish to prepare; this is a very popular staple food in Nigeria, there are so many ways to make beans Some other healthy and easy to find vegetables can be added to garnish beans porridge.