Roast Leg of Lamb.
You can have Roast Leg of Lamb using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roast Leg of Lamb
- Prepare 1 (12 pound) of leg of lamb bone in shank removed.
- Prepare of Extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Finally chopped fresh rosemary and garlic enough to lightly coat whole leg on all sides.
Roast Leg of Lamb step by step
- Rub lamb all over with olive oil and season with salt and pepper..
- Place lamb on rack in roasting pan..
- Set oven to broil and place lamb on rack in roasting pan in and broil first side five minutes then turn and brown other side for five minutes..
- Take pan out of oven and set oven to 375 to preheat..
- While oven preheating coat lightly entire lamb on all sides with rosemary and garlic..
- Lightly tent lamb on pan with foil and place in oven..
- Cook approximately two hours. Remove from oven. Remove foil and using instant read thermometer check if at 130 degrees for medium rare..
- If at 130 let it rest it’s done. If not put in oven uncovered and check every ten minutes to see if temp at 130..
- When done let rest 15 minutes then slice and serve immediately..