Pistachio Lemon Crusted Lamb. slow-cooked lamb with pistachio honey dressing. tandoori lamb cutlets with pea, orange and lemon mint salad. The pistachio and mustard crust gives this lamb dish an interesting flavor and texture. Sure, rack of lamb is a little pricey, but no more so than other special occasion meats like prime rib, beef tenderloin, or goose.
In another small bowl, use a fork to mix the honey and lemon juice. In a third small bowl, mix the cumin, cayenne. Sweet, nutty pistachios are added to a traditional Dijon mustard crust, which gives the lamb a great flavor and texture. You can cook Pistachio Lemon Crusted Lamb using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pistachio Lemon Crusted Lamb
- You need 1 of Lamb loin.
- You need 1 cup of Pistachio, raw, crushed very thin.
- It’s 1 of Lemon zest.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Pepper.
- You need 1 of Egg white.
Sprinkle half of the mixture over each rack of lamb. Once evenly distributed, press gently with your fingers to make sure it adheres to the mustard. Enrich a rack of lamb with crushed pistachio breading and roasted carrots and fingerling potatoes. Crushed pistachios add a rich, nutty flavor to a Traegered rack of lamb.
Pistachio Lemon Crusted Lamb step by step
- 1 hour before starting, take the lamb out of the fridge and pat dry..
- Preheat the oven at 240 C or 450°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a ziplock bag, mix the pistachios with the lemon rind and salt and pepper..
- Whisk the egg white in a shallow dish and coat the lamb, then roll in the pistachio mixture..
- At this point, the lamb can be stored in the fridge for 8 hours and brought back to room temperature 30 minutes before cooking..
- When the oven is super hot, roast in the middle of the rack for 10 to 15 minutes. For medium rare, temperature must be 145°F.
- Remove from the oven and cover with foil with a chimney. Let rest 5 minutes and slice to serve.
Carrots and fingerling potatoes complement the deep flavor of the tender meat for an all-around perfect meal. Deliciously tasty, moist and tender, this Lemon Sesame Pistachio Crusted Chicken will make you feel like you're on a trip halfway across the globe. Personally, I think that chicken can be absolutely brilliant, and I'll take a super simple but crazy tasty chicken dish, such as this Lemon Sesame. This Pistachio Mint Crusted Lamb is sure to impress your guests. The lamb was nice and tender and the slightly crunchy pistachio crust was nice and tasty.