Vickys Spiced 'n' Iced Christmas Cookies.
You can cook Vickys Spiced 'n' Iced Christmas Cookies using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Spiced 'n' Iced Christmas Cookies
- It’s 225 grams of gluten-free/plain flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda/bicarb of soda.
- It’s 75 grams of soft brown sugar.
- You need 60 grams of dairy-free spread such as Vitalite sunflower spread or Stork margarine foil wrapped block.
- It’s 1 tbsp of treacle/molasses.
- It’s 2 tsp of Mixed Spice, recipe link below.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom.
- It’s 2-4 tablespoons of milk or dairy-free alternative.
Vickys Spiced 'n' Iced Christmas Cookies step by step
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer. Add the spices and treacle and beat again, then add 2 tbsp of the milk https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/359496-vickys-sweet-mixed-spice-for-baked-goods.
- Add the flour and baking soda then using your hands, bring the dough together into a ball. Add more milk a teaspoon at a time if you need it but don't let the dough become too sticky. Wrap it in clingfilm and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Lightly flour your surface and roll out the dough 3mm thick. Cut out your shapes and put them on to two lightly greased baking-sheets. Gather the remaining dough into a ball, roll out again and keep cutting until it has all been used.
- Put the baking sheets in the fridge for about 45 minutes, meanwhile preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F. Bake for 12 minutes. They should start to feel hard round the edges as they cool and eventually become really hard. They need to have a nice 'snap'.
- Decorate with icing sugar mixed with a little water or brush with marmalade as I did and cut out the same shapes from ready roll icing and stick on top of the cookies. Be creative with piping icing and embellishments.