Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup. Vegan Split Pea Soup – flavorful, hearty soup made quickly and easily in the Instant Pot. Not to mention all the vitamins. I never dreamt it would be so cold in Florida this time of the year, and all I can think of making is soups with my Instant Pot.
Tips for making Instant Pot split pea soup. The great thing about split peas is that they're packed with plant based protein, so this vegan soup stays filling without the meat! Here are a few tips for making it If you want a Vegetarian or Vegan pressure cooker split pea soup, omit the butter (for vegan), use vegetable broth, and try some liquid Instant Pot Potato Soup Instant Pot Potato Ham Soup Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana (Sausage Potato Soup) Instant Pot Beef Barley Vegetable Soup Instant Pot. You can cook Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup
- Prepare 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions.
- Prepare 2 cups of baby carrots.
- It’s 8 stalks of celery.
- Prepare 2 of bay leafs.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- It’s To taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 lbs of dried green split peas.
- It’s 8 cups of water.
This split pea soup is vegetarian (vegan, even) because I wasn't in the ham mood, but you could certainly add a ham hock or some cubed ham to the pot before you turn it on. To keep the soup rich and give it body without ham, I added a couple dollops of coconut oil. To mimic the smoky flavor of. Instead, for this Instant Pot split pea soup recipe I use chicken or beef soup bones to create rich broth with deep flavor.
Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup step by step
- In true Instant Pot style, chop up all the veggies and put them in the pot along with the rest of the ingredients. With regards to the salt and pepper, how much you add really depends on who you are feeding. I tend to go a little lighter because I like the pronounced pea flavor. My wife likes to go heavy as if there was a piece of ham added. No right or wrong here but just try to target your audience..
- Set the Instant Pot to cook for 30 minutes. Once it is done, let it naturally cool to open the lid. I prefer to leave it on Keep Warm for an hour or so when I have time in order to let the flavors circulate but that is optional..
- After you open the Instant Pot, use a hand blender to purée the soup..
If you have time, make Instant Pot Can I Freeze Pressure Cooker Split Pea Soup? Instant Pot pea soup is perfect for freezing because it contains no starchy pasta or thin flesh. This Turkish-inspired Instant Pot split pea soup (or stew) is seriously delicious and filling. Made in a pressure cooker, it's a quick and easy vegan and gluten-free recipe. Vegan Split Pea Soup is a hearty mix of green split peas, carrots, celery, onion and green cabbage simmered with flavorful herbs – it's my all-time favorite split pea soup recipe!