Porridge beans and fried plantain. Hi everybody This video is about me sharing with you guys how I make my beans and plantain porridge. This is one of my favourite recipes. Beans Porridge is a delicacy in Nigeria, it is one of those Nigerian foods that are loved by every Nigerian.
Beans known as Ewa to the Yorubas are unpopular staple foods because it is associated with If you cooked the beans porridge without any of the additions, serve with Fried Plantain, Fried Yam or fried sweet. This porridge made out of beans and plantain is a perfect satiating vegetarian or even vegan meal but if you have nothing against meat or fish, it's strongly Plantains give this porridge a sweet taste and if you like it this way, you can do without another seasoning. However, it sometimes makes sense to. You can cook Porridge beans and fried plantain using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Porridge beans and fried plantain
- You need 2 cups of beans.
- Prepare 1 bunch of plantain.
- You need Half of teaspoon of salt.
- You need Half of cup of palmoil.
- Prepare 5 cubes of knorr.
- It’s 1 of satchet of crayfish.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ground pepper.
- It’s 2 of satchet of groundnut oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
A plate of porridge beans and Nigerian fried plantain served creatively and place on a colorful yellow pattern background. Plantain, believed to have originated in southeast Asia refers to the cooking banana, cultivars of the banana plant, which produces an edible fruit that is full of starch and rarely eaten raw. Though similar in appearance, the two banana varieties are typically used in very different ways. Discard the water, rinse the beans and strain in a colander or strainer.
Porridge beans and fried plantain step by step
- Remove the dirts from the beans.
- Place the beans in a pot slice your onions add 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt.
- Place the pot on the gas.
- When the beans is soft enough after about 30minutes.
- Bring out another pot put on the fire and bleach the palm oil a little bit.
- Add your ground pepper crayfish, 3cubes of knots, a pinch of salt.
- Add the parboiled beans to the mixture leave for 5minutes.
- The porridge beans is ready.
- Slice the plantain.
- Add your groundnut oil to a pan when it's a little bit hot.
- Add your plantain turn till its ready.
- The food is ready to be served.
Beans porridge is a very healthy and simple dish to prepare; this is a very popular staple food in Nigeria, there are so many ways to make beans You can add fish, beef or seafood to your bean and plantain porridge if you have any or simply serve your beans and plantain with fried fish or chicken. Drain beans and add them to the pan along with bay leaf, cumin, coriander, and broth; bring to a boil. Make sure beans stay completely covered with liquid during cooking; add water if needed. Plantain Porridge, Ripe Plantain, Nigeria Food, Indian Food Recipes, Ethnic Recipes, African Recipes, Nigerian Food Recipes, Plantain Recipes, West African Plantains and Beans – A lightened version of plantain and beans quick and easy, with kale – no frying required , yet still quite tasty! Plantain porridge is a Nigerian vegetable stew made with the starchy cousin of common bananas.