Porriage beans with corn and boiled plantain. Boil beans with salt and bay leaves until cooked. Using bay leaves is optional but it adds a deliciously distinct flavor to beans. Then add boiled corn and beans.
When boiling your own plantains at home, always start with green or yellow fruit that's firm to the touch and relatively free of spots in order to make sure they don't come out too soft. Plantains look like large bananas, and they have many things in common with the ever-popular fruit. However, plantains are less sweet and more starchy Gram for gram, boiled green plantains have more total carbohydrates than raw bananas, according to data from the USDA. You can cook Porriage beans with corn and boiled plantain using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Porriage beans with corn and boiled plantain
- You need 2 of Ripe Plantain.
- You need 3 cups of brown beans.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s 2 of onion.
- You need 2 of knorr seasoning.
- It’s 2 of cksp Crayfish.
- It’s 1/4 kg of Palmoil.
- Prepare 2 of Ginger.
- Prepare 2 of Garlic.
- Prepare 2 cups of yellow corn.
How To Make Black Eyes Beans And Plantain Taste and adjust soup with seasoning to your taste. Add the corn (frozen) and cilantro and mix well to combine. Serve piping hot with a squeeze of lime juice if desired.
Porriage beans with corn and boiled plantain step by step
- Boil beans with a pressure pot for 20minutes..
- Wash the beans.boil water and add the beans..
- Allow it to boil very well.add onion,Ginger and garlic..
- After 7mins add Maggi,crayfish,Pepper and salt..
- After 5mins.Check the seed to know if is soft.then pour in the yellow corn..
- Boil for 5mins and add palmoil..
- After 2mins turn with a wooden spoon very well..
- Check the seed of the beans,by now the corn is also done..
- Boil for another 2mins,and bring down..
- Cut plantain,Wash and boil for 10mins..
- Peel the bathe back and serve with the beans and corn..
While the plantains are cooling, puree the beans in a food processor until smooth. Scrape in the pureed beans and cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture has the consistency of very soft mashed potatoes. Cuban-style Black Bean with Rice & Plantains. Spoon rice into large serving bowl or individual soup bowls, top with plantains and vegetables, and garnish with red onion, cilantro. Aduki beans deliver a unique earthy taste to this hearty Mauritian-style curry with snake beans (aka yardlong beans) and green plantains.