Beans and plantains porridge. There are a lot of delicious beans recipes and plantain recipes out there. But did you know that you can actually combine these two ingredients and If you struggle to make your kids eat beans, then this beans and plantain porridge recipe should be perfect for you. The sweet taste of ripe plantains can.
Plantain porridge is a Nigerian vegetable stew made with the starchy cousin of common bananas. Plantains are simmered until tender in a flavorful broth along with assorted vegetables and sometimes fish, beans or meat. There is no one recipe for this nutritious dish. You can have Beans and plantains porridge using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beans and plantains porridge
- Prepare 4 cup of beans.
- Prepare 5 of medium plantain.
- You need 3 tablespoon of crayfish.
- It’s 2 of onions bulb medium (chopped).
- Prepare 3 cube of magg.
- It’s 5 of fresh pepper (blended).
- It’s 1 cup of palm oil.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need of garlic and ginger.
Beans Porridge is not a very popular recipe due to the bloating associated with beans. Beans porridge is a very healthy and simple dish to prepare; this is a very popular staple food in Nigeria, there are so many ways to make beans You can add fish, beef or seafood to your bean and plantain porridge if you have any or simply serve your beans and plantain with fried fish or chicken. Nigerian Beans Porridge or Nigerian Beans Pottage. Beans porridge always reminds me of the song below.
Beans and plantains porridge instructions
- Wash beans very well put enough water in pressure pot add beans and boil for 20mins.wash and put beans to cook for 10mins..
- Peel plantain and cut then add maggi pepper salt garlic ginger and oil to boil for 10mins..
- Add onions and crayfish for 4min and your plantain to cook for 5mins..
- Beans and plantain is ready very sweet..
If you know the song please join the conversation in the comments section. Serve with fried or boiled plantain, fried or boiled potatoes or boiled yam. Cook until the plantains are tender. Add the crayfish, stock cubes, palm oil , salt and pepper to taste. And your Beans and Plantain Porridge is ready.