Rice and beans and plantains. Cuban-style Black Bean with Rice & Plantains. Black beans and rice is one of Cuba's most iconic and best loved dishes, and we've created a delicious, quick and easy dinner, that is gluten-free Plantain – Banana's Versatile Cousin. Plantains look like large bananas with tough skins and can be found in most vegetable markets near the potato.
Once you make them, you'll crave them all the time. The salty crunch with the softness of the rice and beans? Hence, today's plantain rice and beans. You can cook Rice and beans and plantains using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rice and beans and plantains
- It’s 1 bowl of Beans earlier cooked (see previous menu).
- It’s 2 bowls of jollof Rice earlier cooked (see previous menu).
- Prepare 1 bowl of stew earlier cooked.
- It’s 4 of fingers of Plantains.
- You need 100 g of Groundnut oil.
Actually, I made a sofrito with lightly fried plantains over the summer and man, were they outrageously tasty. By spiralizing the plantain and placing its noodles in a food processor, we get fluffy and sticky rice that has the savoriness of plantains. Poll: Rice, Beans and plantain, which one do you prefer? Dodo does it for me jare!!
Rice and beans and plantains instructions
- I always cook in bulk so i freeze my food in medium icecream bowls. I bring them out earlier in the day to defrost.
- I mix the jollof rice and beans in a pot and mix with low heat. I add 10 litres of water to make it into a porridge.
- Then i pour groundnut oil in a frying pan and fry my already cut plantains.
- I microwave my stew. Add the stew to my beans and jollof mix and save the chicken to serve the meal..
- Food is served.
If you like boil-am, fry-am, roast-am, or pound-am!! Rice Black Beans Beans Chicago Area Miami Cuban Latin American Frying Plantains Fruit Spices Coconut Coconut Milk Bacon Pork Garlic Side Dish And look for plantains that are well mottled or all black—they're much sweeter that way. Game plan: Start soaking the beans the day before you want. White rice, black beans, fried plantains and shredded Typical lunch of meat, beans, rice and plantains in Nicarag. Ua Meal in ecuadorian jungle area – beans, rice, plantains and peccary mea.