Porridge Beans With Fried Plantain and steamed Spinach. Thank you guys for stopping by. Subscribe, like, share and give it a thumbs up.👍stay blessed. Hi everyone am Ukennadi kitchen in this video I will be showing you guys how to make porridge beans with spinach, this is a a quick and simple recipe to make I will be using the following ingredients.
Beans Porridge is not a very popular recipe due to the bloating associated with beans. Beans known as Ewa to the Yorubas are unpopular staple foods because it is associated with bloating If you cooked the beans porridge without any of the additions, serve with Fried Plantain, Fried Yam or. Plantain porridge is a Nigerian vegetable stew made with the starchy cousin of common bananas. You can cook Porridge Beans With Fried Plantain and steamed Spinach using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Porridge Beans With Fried Plantain and steamed Spinach
- You need 3 cups of Beans.
- You need 1 of large onion bulb.
- It’s 7 of bell peppers.
- Prepare 1 cup of crayfish.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of palm oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt to taste.
- It’s 2 of knorr for seasoning.
- You need 2 of medium dry fish.
- You need 1 tsp of Piper guineense (uziza seeds).
- Prepare 3 of plantains.
- It’s 3 ounces of spinach.
Plantains are simmered until tender in a flavorful broth along with assorted vegetables and sometimes fish, beans or meat. There is no one recipe for this nutritious dish. Beans Porridge is a delicacy in Nigeria, it is one of those Nigerian foods that are loved by every Nigerian. Stir the sauce all together; it will look like a thick porridge.
Porridge Beans With Fried Plantain and steamed Spinach instructions
- Wash beans and place in a pressure cookware, add half of onion bulb(sliced) and bring to boil..
- Blend fresh red bell pepper, remaining half of large onion bulb and Piper guineense(uziza) together and set aside..
- In a bowl, place dry fish in a cup if hot water, wash and set aside.
- Blend crayfish dry and set aside..
- When beans is almost soft, add grounded pepper, crayfish, salt, knorr, dry fish and palm oil then bring to boil..
- Once the oil is cooked, the porridge beans is ready..
- Add vegetable oil in a pan and place it on the gas until hot..
- Season plantain with a pinch of salt and add to the hot oil..
- Once golden brown, strain and set aside..
- In a skillet, place diced spinach with a pinch of salt and little water and simmer for 5mins.
- Serve while hot and garnish with fried fish, meat or chicken and delight your taste buds!.
- Substitute – you can use ground dry chillies in place of fresh pepper, also if you don't have a pressure pot, add some onions or potash to make the beans soft on time.
- Happy eating and do let me know if you tried it or other variations. Thank you..
Add a few splashes of water, and increase heat to a boil. Stir in the spinach, until wilted and tender. Nigerian Plantain Porridge is a rich meal that all plantain lovers will surely enjoy. Here's how to prepare Nigerian Plantain Porridge. Plantains and Beans – A lightened version of plantain and beans quick and easy, with kale – no frying required , yet still quite tasty!