Beans and riped plantain. Kokoo ne Beans aka Red Red is a Ghanaian delicacy. Ingredients needed to prepare this delicious meal are: Cooked Beans Palm. Plantains and Beans – A lightened version of plantain and beans quick and easy, with kale – no frying required , yet still quite tasty!
Here is an alternative to fried plantains and beans. Plantain herb Plantago major is nutrient dense herb support for Constipation, Respiratory Infections, Insect Bites and Stings, Irritated Eyes and burns. Broadleaf plantain is also a highly nutritious wild edible that is high in calcium and vitamins A, C, and K. You can cook Beans and riped plantain using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beans and riped plantain
- It’s 250 g of brown beans.
- Prepare 4 of ripe plantains.
- You need 3/4 cup of red oil(peak tin size).
The young, tender leaves can be eaten raw. There are a lot of delicious beans recipes and plantain recipes out there. But did you know that you can actually combine these two ingredients and make an incredibly delicious meal? Well, today, we are going to tell you how to cook beans and plantain porridge so that you can find out for yourself how.
Beans and riped plantain step by step
- Pick the beans properly and pour into a pot and add 2 to 3 cups of water. Add 1 teaspoonful of salt..
- Cook the beans for 20 minutes and turn the water,then put another three cups of water and cook.
- After 50 minutes to 1 hour the beans is soft..
- Peel the plantains and wash. Slice them into pieces and pour into the pot of beans and keep cooking.
- After 5 minutes, add 4 cubes of knorr seasoning, 1 teaspoonful of grounded pepper, 5 teaspoonfuls of grounded crayfish, 1/2 teaspoonful of salt and then the red oil.
- Leave for 2 minutes then stir the pot of food. Cook for another 20 minutes with timely stirring of the food to prevent burnt..
- Then the food is ready.
Choosing the right plantains for this recipe: Choose plantains that are yellow with black stripes. They should still be firm when you press on them with just a slight amount of give. Plantains that are too ripe will affect the consistency of the dough and you'll need to add flour to the dough in order to work with it. Caribbean Plantain & Bean Boats is a delicious naturally gluten free and meatless entree utilizing carbohydrate rich plantains and protein rich bean salad. I'm really excited to share a recipe using plantains, since I came to the realization I have yet to do so; this recipe is the perfect example of how.