Porriage beans with fried plantain. Plantain, believed to have originated in southeast Asia refers to the cooking banana, cultivars of the banana plant, which produces an edible fruit that is full of starch and rarely eaten raw. Though similar in appearance, the two banana varieties are typically used in very different ways. So garlic tostones are basically fried plantains that have been pre-soaked in a garlic water to give them extra flavor.
Plantains and Beans – A lightened version of plantains and beans quick and easy, with kale – no frying required , yet still quite tasty! My favorite is fried plantains and beans but can't have it all the time. Here is an alternative to fried plantains and beans, a one-pot meal that is less fattening. You can cook Porriage beans with fried plantain using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Porriage beans with fried plantain
- It’s 3 cups of Beans.
- You need 4 of ripe Plantain.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare 2 of cksp.Crayfish.
- You need 2 of cksp Red oil.
- Prepare 1 of big Onion.
- Prepare 2 cubes of Maggi.
- Prepare 2 of ginger.
- You need 4 of garlic.
Fried ripe plantains can be found not only on tables throughout the Caribbean but in other parts of the world. Stir in beans and parsley and heat through. To serve, top with crispy plantains. Fried Plantains Recipe – Many home cooks will serve their main meal at noon along with a side of rice and fried plantains.
Porriage beans with fried plantain instructions
- Parboil the beans with pressure pot for 35minutes..
- Wash the beans and pour back and boil in a normal pot..
- Boil it as is soft.grate the ginger and garlic and cut the onion pour all in the beans..
- After 10mins,put blended crayfish and fresh pepper and salt..
- Boil till the beans till is soft and pour in red oil..
- Turn very well with wooden spartula and boil for another 5-8mins.turn very well again and the beans is ready..
- Heat up the vegetable oil,slice the plantain and fry for 3mins..
It is a place that is filled with abundant vegetation and remains green all year long. The two main crops of the region are cocoa beans and bananas, although the bananas are a lot. The fried plantains add some amazing sweetness and texture to this dish, but if you're looking for a quick weeknight dinner, you could Black beans are simmered up with cumin and lime, then served over rice with sweet pan-fried plantains to make this mouthwatering Cuban-inspired vegan meal. Melt butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. When it starts to foam, add plantains.