Porriage beans with fried plantain. Plantain, believed to have originated in southeast Asia refers to the cooking banana, cultivars of the banana plant, which produces an edible fruit that is full of starch and rarely eaten raw. Though similar in appearance, the two banana varieties are typically used in very different ways. So garlic tostones are basically fried plantains that have been pre-soaked in a garlic water to give them extra flavor.
Plantains and Beans – A lightened version of plantains and beans quick and easy, with kale – no frying required , yet still quite tasty! My favorite is fried plantains and beans but can't have it all the time. Here is an alternative to fried plantains and beans, a one-pot meal that is less fattening. You can have Porriage beans with fried plantain using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Porriage beans with fried plantain
- It’s 4 cups of Beans.
- It’s 3 of cksp Red oil.
- You need 2 of Onion.
- Prepare 2 of Plantain.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil for frying plantain.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s 5 pieces of Fresh pepper.
- It’s 3 of cksp Crayfish.
- It’s 3 cubes of Stock.
- It’s 2 cloves of Ginger.
- You need 2 cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of Tumeric.
Fried ripe plantains can be found not only on tables throughout the Caribbean but in other parts of the world. Stir in beans and parsley and heat through. To serve, top with crispy plantains. Fried Plantains Recipe – Many home cooks will serve their main meal at noon along with a side of rice and fried plantains.
Porriage beans with fried plantain step by step
- Parboil beans for 30minutes with a pressure pot.drain the remaining water and rinse twice..
- Place back on the heat with 2cups of water,chop the onion and add,blend ginger,garlic and tumeric and pour in..
- After 20minutes blend crayfish,fresh pepper and pour in.add salt and stock cubes.onces the beans is very soft,add red oil..
- Cover and boil for another 15minutes.turn with a wooden spartula and cover again after 5minutes is ready..
- Peel and slice the plantain,fry in a hot vegetable oil for few mins turn both sides to fry..
It is a place that is filled with abundant vegetation and remains green all year long. The two main crops of the region are cocoa beans and bananas, although the bananas are a lot. The fried plantains add some amazing sweetness and texture to this dish, but if you're looking for a quick weeknight dinner, you could Black beans are simmered up with cumin and lime, then served over rice with sweet pan-fried plantains to make this mouthwatering Cuban-inspired vegan meal. Melt butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. When it starts to foam, add plantains.