Beans and Fried Plantain. Plantain, believed to have originated in southeast Asia refers to the cooking banana, cultivars of the banana plant, which produces an edible fruit that is full of starch and rarely eaten raw. Though similar in appearance, the two banana varieties are typically used in very different ways. Plantains and Beans – A lightened version of plantains and beans quick and easy, with kale – no frying required , yet still quite tasty!
Caribbean black beans spiked with fresh pineapple and a delicious oven "fried" plantain that tastes as good as any fried plantain. But my plantains came out perfectly-sweet and soft on the inside and a tiny bit crispy on the outside-and I think the lower temperature is less likely to result in burned. So garlic tostones are basically fried plantains that have been pre-soaked in a garlic water to give them extra flavor. You can cook Beans and Fried Plantain using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beans and Fried Plantain
- Prepare 3 cups of Beans.
- You need 2 of cksp Palmoil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 of Maggi cubes.
- Prepare 1 of big onions.
- You need 1 of cksp Crayfish blended.
- It’s of Groundnut oil for frying plantain.
- It’s 1 of ripe plantain.
And yes, I'm referring to the TJs that is Taco John's. I grew up in small town Minnesota, okay? Fried Plantains Recipe – Many home cooks will serve their main meal at noon along with a side of rice and fried plantains. HOW TO PICK A PLANTAIN FOR FRYING: I.
Beans and Fried Plantain step by step
- Parboil beans with a pressure pot for 30mins. Wash the beans and put back on the heat in a boiling water. As the beans starts boiling add sliced onion and salt..
- Leave it to boil for at least 15minutes.check the beans to make sure it's tender. once it's tender add crayfish, Maggi and fresh pepper..
- Allow to boil for 10minutes.pour in palmoil and cover the pot and allow it simmer for about 7-10minutes.stir and taste for salt..
- Then turn off heat and set aside.
- Slice plantain and add salt and mix it very well. Heat up frying pan on heat.add groundnutoil onces is hot.add the plantain one after the other..
- Fry till is brown and done. Serve beans with fried plantain..
To prepare plantains as a dessert, you need to let your bananas ripen until they look black, like the ones in the picture above. Fried ripe plantains can be found not only on tables throughout the Caribbean but in other parts of the world. For example, in the South American country of Guyana, fried ripe plantains are traditionally served with one of their national dishes, cook-up rice (rice, beans, and meat cooked with coconut milk). Cook the beans: Sauté bacon with canola oil in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan. The fried plantains add some amazing sweetness and texture to this dish, but if you're looking for a quick weeknight dinner, you could skip them and Black beans are simmered up with cumin and lime, then served over rice with sweet pan-fried plantains to make this mouthwatering Cuban-inspired.