Giouvetsi. Giouvetsi, or youvetsi is a centuries old dish that was traditionally served as a one-pot meal and in A traditional Greek Giouvetsi (youvetsi) recipe made with orzo pasta, beef and a delicious tomato sauce. Giouvetsi or Yiouvetsi is a traditional greek meal combining meat with orzo pasta with tomato sauce. Check out my recipe, you too can make it easily at home.
Giouvetsi is a delicious and easy baked Greek pasta dish made with chicken, lamb or beef, orzo and tomato sauce. Also called Youvetsi, Giouvesti is one of those recipes that. Giouvetsi, named after Turkish earthenware, is a common meal served on large family gatherings and various festive occasions. You can have Giouvetsi using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Giouvetsi
- You need 1 kg of veal, cubed.
- It’s 2 of large onions.
- It’s 200 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of vegetable flavored Bouillon Cube.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic (cut in 4 pieces).
- You need of orzo or hilopites pasta.
- It’s 250 ml of red wine.
- Prepare 3 of ripe tomatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare of feta cheese.
- Prepare of Parmesan.
Giouvetsi is one of Greece's most traditional and loved dishes that is enjoyed by all the family. It's an oven-baked meal, featuring kritharaki (orzo) and meat (veal, beef, chicken or lamb can be used). Посмотрите твиты по теме «#giouvetsi» в Твиттере. Der Klassiker aus Griechenland Für #Giouvetsi werden Fleischstücke mit Tomaten, Gemüse, Zimt, Kumin und Lorbeer geschmort. Download Giouvetsi stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices.
- In a pressure cooker, sauté the chopped onions and brown the veal cubes in the heated olive oil. Add 250ml water and cook for approximately 15 minutes, depending on the size of the meat cubes..
- Empty the contents of the pressure cooker into an ovenproof dish, preferrably a lidded one. Add the stock cubes, tomatoes, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper, and the orzo. You can use more or less orzo, depending on the size of your dish. Add the wine and at least 250ml water..
- Cover. If your dish does not have a lid, cover well with alluminium foil..
- Bake in a preheated oven, at 170 degrees C, for 1 to 2 hours. After 1,5 hours, remove the lid, add the crumbled feta cheese, stirring it through the meal. Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese on top, and return to the oven, uncovered, for a further 10 minutes..
- Keep an eye on it, until it is ready..
Giouvetsi or Youvetsi is a baked Greek dish made with chicken, lamb or beef and pasta, either kritharaki or For faster navigation, this Iframe is preloading the Wikiwand page for Giouvetsi. Heat the oil in a pan. Giouvetsi is traditionally baked in clay pots and can be made using either chicken or beef. The meat is braised for a number of hours using a variety of spices and tomatoes. In the final stages of cooking.