Dhanshak (veg). Parsi veg dhansak recipe with step by step photos – I know many folks who love Dhansak is a traditional parsi recipe Usually served with brown rice. Easy and Simple Snacks Missed out on our mailers? Dhansak a synonym to Parsis, is a traditional parsi recipe usually served with brown rice.
Serve it along with brown rice Dhanshak. Veg Dhansak / Vegetarian Parsi Dhansak. Dhansak is a popular Indian dish, especially among the Parsi Zoroastrian community. You can cook Dhanshak (veg) using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dhanshak (veg)
- It’s 1/2 cup of chana daal.
- It’s 1/4 cup of split green daal.
- You need 1/4 cup of yellow moong daal.
- You need 1/4 cup of red lentil daal.
- It’s 1/4 cup of tuvar daal.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of white urad daal.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh fenugreek leaves.
- It’s 1 of potato peeled and cut.
- It’s 2 of onions peeled and chopped.
- You need 1 of brinjal chopped.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of yellow pumpkin pieces.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of bottle gourd pieces.
- It’s 4 of ripe red tomatoes chopped.
- You need of For tempering.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ghee/ oil(for vegan).
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of green chillies- ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic paste(as per your taste you can add).
- You need 1 tbsp of dhanshak masala(shared before).
- It’s 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 of lemon (juice).
Dhansak is made by cooking mutton with a mixture of lentils and vegetables. Parsi Dhansak is a delicious Indian recipe served as a Side-Dish. Find the complete instructions on Bawarchi. Dhansak is a popular Indian dish, originating among the Parsi Zoroastrian community.
Dhanshak (veg) step by step
- Take all lentils in cooker vessel. Wash trice with water..soak for 1/2 hour..
- Wash,peel,chopped all vegetables mentioned in ingredients..
- Add chopped vegetables to soaked daals. Pressure cook for 4 whistles..
- Cool the cooked mixed dalas, vegetables. Smash them in mixer grinder jar..
- In kadhai add ghee or oil,warm it add cumin seeds to splutter,add turmeric powder,green chillies ginger paste,ginger paste, dhanshak masala powder,red chilli powder and saute for few minutes till ghee/ oil separate..
- Add smash mixture of cooked Daal vegetables mixture,add salt to taste, squeeze lemon juice. Mix well,cook for few minutes..
- Serve hot nutritious Dhanshak (curry) with jeera rice or buttered toast bread slices..
It combines elements of Persian and Gujarati cuisine. Dhansak is made by cooking mutton or goat meat with a mixture of lentils and vegetables. Learn how to make authentic Veg Dhansak recipe at home from our chef Smita on Rajshri Food. Dhansak is a popular Indian dish. Dhansak Dal Veg Dhansak Recipe Protein rich and Low cal by Tarla Dalal. ट र ड शनल व ज धनश क बन न क र स प Veg Dhansak recipe Traditional parsi Dish.