Quinoa Payasam with Chana Dal. QUINOA PAYASAM – the easiest Indian vegan dessert you can make with just coconut milk, jaggery and quinoa; instant pot and pressure cooker methods! Once chana dal is cooked, then pour the entire contents of the small vessel (cooked chana dal + water) in. chana dal payasam recipe, kadle bele, kadalai paruppu, senaga pappu payasam with step by step photo/video. dessert with chickpea dal, jaggery, coconut milk. it can be made with different types of lentil's but the most popular one across all state is the chana dal payasam recipe for its rich taste. Add milk, sago and cook till the sago and dal are fully cooked.
Do not cook any longer as it can curdle the payasam. Fry nuts in ghee and add to the. Chana dal payasam with step by step photos. You can have Quinoa Payasam with Chana Dal using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quinoa Payasam with Chana Dal
- It’s 1/2 cup of quinoa, washed, drained and soaked for 5 minutes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chana dal/split Bengal gram dal, washed and drained.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk.
- You need 1/2 cup to ¾ cup of powdered jaggery (or to taste).
- You need 8-10 of green cardamoms, powdered.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil/ghee.
- You need 2-3 tablespoons of sliced or chopped almonds (you could use cashew too).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of raisins.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oil (or ghee if not vegan).
Chana dal is known as kadalai paruppu in tamil. This paruppu payasam is so tasty amd quick to make. Onam is fast approaching and I wanted to post a payasam recipe so made this quick payasam few days back. As I have already posted moong dal. full recipe: https://hebbarskitchen.com/chana-dal moong dal payasam recipe
Quinoa Payasam with Chana Dal step by step
- Wash quinoa in plenty of water, rubbing it thoroughly to remove the natural coating called “saponin” which can make any dish bitter. Soak for about 5 minutes, drain and keep aside..
- Wash and drain chana dal. Set aside..
- Grate or powder jaggery or use store bought powdered jaggery. If you feel jaggery has impurities (which some have), melt with a little water, strain to remove impurities and then use. Powder cardamom seeds until a coarse powder. Fry almonds and raisins in oil/ghee until light golden. Remove and set aside..
- Heat a pressure cooker on medium heat and roast quinoa and chana dal in a little oil/ghee, stirring often until you get a lovely aroma of the chana dal; about 1 to 2 minutes..
- Add 1 ½ cups water and ½ cup coconut milk, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles on medium high..
- Once the pressure drops, add powdered jaggery (start with ½ cup) and mix well. Stir in 1 cup of coconut milk and give it a good mix. Bring to a boil and add more jaggery if needed..
- Adjust thickness by adding more water or coconut milk. Stir in freshly ground cardamom powder. Simmer on medium low for 5 minutes..
- Garnish with fried nuts and raisins and serve hot or even chilled!.
- Transfer rich, thick, scrumptious, and divine tasting quinoa payasam with chana dal to serving bowls and and serve hot or even chilled! Enjoy and Happy Eating!.
- You can adjust them amount of ingredients according to taste. We love chana dal in our payasams, but you could omit it if you like. Payasam thickens as it cool, so add water or coconut accordingly just before serving. Just mix, heat a bit and serve..
Roast chana dal until it turns aromatic. Say just for a minute in medium flame. Channa Dal payasam recipe-Kadala paruppu payasam-Easy Payasam recipe-Easy Kheer recipe. Here is a Simple and Easy Payasam/Kheer recipe which can be done in no time without compromising on the taste. No need to condense milk or make jaggery syrup.