British Pear Topping.
You can cook British Pear Topping using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of British Pear Topping
- You need 2 lb of Over-Ripe Pear (Brown).
- It’s 1 large of White Onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sage Powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 1/2 lb of Minced Veal (or Lamb).
British Pear Topping step by step
- Peel and core pears, discard cores and skins. Blitz pears and worcestershire sauce in a food processor or blender, consistency should be a bit thicker than a puree..
- Peel and dice onion. Sautee onion in a hot pan with olive oil over a medium high flame, add salt. When the onion begins to caramelize add the sage and minced meat, proceed to brown it..
- Add the pear/worcestershire sauce, reduce heat to medium low. Reduce the mixture for 30 minutes, stirring frequently..
- Remove from heat and serve over beef, pork or lamb. A medium rare ribeye steak is featured in the photograph above..