Newspaper shape baklava.
You can cook Newspaper shape baklava using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Newspaper shape baklava
- It’s of Filo pastry.
- You need 300 g of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need 400 g of walnuts, finely chopped.
- It’s 400 g of almonds, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of clove powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare of Recipe for the syrup.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of rose water or orange blossom.
Newspaper shape baklava step by step
- Preheat the oven to 150C. For sugar syrup,add water, honey, lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon powder in a pot. Boil it for about 15-20 minutes until thicker the sugar.. Once its ready, let it cool..
- Add cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, clove and sugar to the chopped nuts and mix together, and set aside. Lay one sheet of filo pastry on working table and brush with melted butter. Then, pinch the filo pastry lengthwise) as you see in the images). Spread chopped nuts on the filo pastry and fold it (as you see in the image)..
- Grease the baking tray and Place rolled pastry in the baking tray. Cut it into small square shapes. Brush with melted butter. Put the tray in the preheated oven and allow to bake for about 40- 45 minutes..
- Once baklava is ready, Pour chilled sugar syrup over warm baklava and some nuts for topping. Let baklava set in sugar syrup for 5-6 hours and serve it..