Mofongo and shrimp in red garlic sauce. Mofongo Recipe (Garlic-Flavored Mashed Plantains): a very tasty dish with pork rind mixed in and Mofongo is a tasty dish made with fried green plantains, which are mashed with garlic and mixed We had chicken mofongo which had a red sauce on it. Where can I find a similar recipe for this. This mofongo with garlic sauce is totally simple to make.
This mofongo with garlic sauce is totally simple to make. If you're tired of potatoes or sweet potatoes, it's a nice nutrient-dense carb option to work into your routine. Grilled or pan-fried shrimp are a brilliant protein to serve with mofongo. You can cook Mofongo and shrimp in red garlic sauce using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mofongo and shrimp in red garlic sauce
- You need 6 of green plantain.
- You need 3 lb of of shrimp.
- Prepare 6 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of sofrito.
- Prepare 1 of adobo and garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 bag of of hard crackling.
- It’s 1 of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 3 of packs of sazon con achote.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable oil for frying.
Or, try pairing it with your favorite slow cooked chicken or pork. So, I made Mofongo with Shrimp in a creole sauce for this stop. And what a great shrimp filling! Cumin and garlic add a great dimension to your Mofongo.
Mofongo and shrimp in red garlic sauce step by step
- Cut tips from bananas slit down on 3 sides easier to peel. Cut into 1/2 inch wheels.
- Put oil to heat 350-400 degrees.put enough oil to cover plantains..
- When oil gets hot put plantains in dont over crowd. When golden brown n semi tender remove until all are fried..
- In big bowl throw all fried plantains begin mashing. crush the 2 garlic cloves add to plantains add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add crackling n keep mashing until all plantains are mashed n ingredients are combine.garlic n olive oil is spread. better to mix with hands.
- Get a small bowl put some plantains in and pack down with spatula take out. should have shape of bowl put round side up..
- For shrimps in garlic red sauce.
- Boil 3 cups of water i eyeball it. Throw in bay leaf some adobo and garlic powder smash garlic 1/2 onion choped. 1 tablespoon sofrito to taste . Add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch in cold water to thicken add to pot..
- When thicken add shrimp. dont over cook. Pour over mofongo. You can stuff it or eat it plain or with the pork crackling recipe i have here also. Enjoy :).
My aunt who is Dominican who made a mofongo dish with Alfredo sauce and shrimp around it. Watching my videos and I hope that my videos inspire you to make a meal or two. In this video I show you how to make a. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and purée, or combine them in Serve mofongo the traditional way—alongside roasted pork or chicken, or grilled shrimp or chicken—and drizzled with Garlic Sauce. Make the shrimp: Place the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.