You can cook Lamb Stew using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lamb Stew
- You need of Lamb chops.
- Prepare 1-1.5 kg of lamb chops.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tbspn of lamb seasoning.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of Stew.
- It’s 1 of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 tbspn of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1.5 cups of red wine.
- It’s 500 g of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1 l of lamb/beef stock.
- It’s 1 of tbspn, tomato puree.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of thyme.
- It’s 4 of carrots, cut in to chunks.
- It’s 4 of potatoes, halved.
- You need of Salth and pepper.
Lamb Stew step by step
- Marinate the lamb chops in lamb seasoning for a minimum of 1 hour..
- In a bowl mix flour with salt and pepper and coat the lamb chops in seasoned flour..
- Heat oil in a heavy base pot and fry the chops till brown and set aside..
- In the same oil, fri onions till translucent. Add garlic and fry for a minute, making sure to scrape the pan..
- Add red wine and reduce. Then add stock, mushrooms, bay leaves, thyme, tomato puree, lamb chops, potatoes and carrots. Stir till well combined..
- Bake in the oven at 180° for 40-45 minutes or untill potatoes are cooked. Do not cover the pot inorder to maintain the colour of the chops..
- Serve with rice..