Bean pottage with plantain, Irish and sweet potatoes. This One-Pot Beans and Plantains recipe (bean pottage I hear my Nigerian friends call it) is finger-licking street food at its best – think filling protein from the black-eyed beans, flavour from the palm oil and fish and a little hint of sweetness via the plantains. Recipe below Black eye beans Palm oil Red bell pepper Scotch bonnet Tomato Salt All purpose jumbo. For lovers of sweet things, the unripe plantain pottage alone, somehow, is a dish that is not as interesting as it sounds.
Get plenty water to drink after the meal. Unripe Plantain Pottage is a yummy Nigerian plantain pottage recipe. Traditionally, Plantain pottage can be prepared using ripe, unripe or Unripe plantain pottage is prepared with just unripe plantain though some people incorporate small amounts of ripe plantain to give it a little bit of sweetness. You can have Bean pottage with plantain, Irish and sweet potatoes using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bean pottage with plantain, Irish and sweet potatoes
- You need 2 cups of Beans.
- Prepare 4 pcs of Plantain.
- You need 1 pc of Sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 4 pcs of Irish potatoes.
- Prepare of Dry fish.
- You need of Crayfish.
- You need of Onion.
- Prepare of Red pepper.
- It’s of Red oil.
- It’s of Ginger and garlic.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Plantain Sweet Potato Tacos With Guacamole [Vegan, Gluten-Free]One Green Planet. cilantro, black beans, plantains, avocado, onion, sweet potatoes. I'm not sure where the recipe for plantain pottage originated, but this dish is common in Nigeria. From the use of ground crayfish as a seasoning to the use of palm oil, the recipe is very local and authentic. Although it is inexpensive to prepare, it is highly nutritious.
Bean pottage with plantain, Irish and sweet potatoes instructions
- Perboil the beans, I always do this by adding the beans into a boiling water, allow to cook for 3 min then seive and add another water add onions n cook till the beans is soft or almost soft.
- Cut the plantain, Irish and sweet potatoes in desired shape, blend pepper, ginger and garlic, rinse fish and crayfish with salt warm water and set aside.
- Add plantain, potatoes (don't forget to rinse and peel the potatoes before adding it) fish, pepper, salt, seasoning to it, if the water is a bit dry add about 1 and half cup of water, cover the pot n let it cook for 20-25mins.
- Add red oil and cover for 10mins, after than open n stir.. Gbam food is ready.
Unripe plantain is rich in iron, which makes. The sweet potatoes and plantains are roasted so they are creamy on the inside and caramelized on the outside. Add the plantains and sweet potato to a bowl with the olive oil and all the spices. Spread the plantain and sweet potatoes across the baking sheet in a single layer. The sweetness of the sweet potatoes infuses this Mexican-inspired lentil dish along with the heat of the chipotles, which also have a certain sweetness as well because of the adobo sauce they're they are packed in The combination, with the savory lentils, is a winner.