Smoked Beef Brisket. .beef brisket seasoned with salt & pepper then smoked low and slow with post oak and apple Smoking a brisket is an art. An art that seems super scientific and maybe impossible to master. Should I inject a smoked beef brisket?
Behold the best smoked BBQ beef brisket recipe ever! Brisket is more than a recipe, it is a concept and a goal. It all begins by selecting the right meat, trimming it, seasoning it, smoking it, slicing it, and. You can have Smoked Beef Brisket using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smoked Beef Brisket
- You need 1 of first cut flat beef brisket, 7 to 10 pounds in size.
- You need 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of SPICE RUB.
- You need 1 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 4 tbsp of turbino sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cracked black pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 2 cup of apple cider or apple juice, more or less as needed.
Learn how to smoke a beef brisket with this simple and easy recipe. Give your meat the smoke treatment it deserves on a wood pellet grill. Before the brisket hits the smoker, rinse it in lukewarm water and pat dry with paper towels. If desired, you can marinate the meat or apply a seasoning rub ahead of.
Smoked Beef Brisket instructions
- MAKE SPICE MIX.
- Blend all spice mix ingredients in a bowl until well combined..
- Rub mayonnaise all over brisket, sprinkle spice mix all over, you may not use it all just a nice coating. Cover tightly and refrigerate for about 10 to 12 hours..
- Set up smoker to 225 using hickory wood chips. Place seasoned brisket on a rack over a drip pan filled halfway with the apple cider or juice..
- Smoke 1 hour and 15 minutes for EACH POUND of meat you have. Add wood chips as needed. When time is done the temperature should be 185, wrap brisket tight in heavy foil and place in a insulated cooler for at least 1 hour or up to 2 hours to have juices settle. At this point either carve and eat or refrigerate covered for later..
- When you carve it cut against the grain in thin long slices, serve sliced as is or in soft toasted rolls with you r favorite bbq sauce for dipping!.
I have been waiting a long time to make my first smoked brisket. Brisket is one of the best cuts of beef for smoking. Cook time will vary depending on the size of the beef. Smoked corned beef is even better because the smoke imparts a flavor that only enhances the Corned beef is normally made from brisket cuts. Sliced or shredded, this smoked beef Brisket is great on its own or in a variety of applications.