Pochero. Pochero or Puchero is a well-loved Filipino stew. I know that you are familiar with this dish after we featured two variations: Beef Pochero and Chicken Pochero. To complete our Pochero series, I.
This Filipino stew incorporates ingredients such as. SIMPLE & VERY EASY TO FOLLOW PORK POCHERO RECIPE Pork Pochero a type of pork stew tomato – based Filipino dish. Pork is sautéed in garlic, onion. You can have Pochero using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pochero
- You need 1 of kilo pork cut into cubes.
- Prepare 50 g of cabbage (half a head) chopped.
- Prepare 100 g of pechay or bok choy with the base cut.
- You need 4 of ripe plantain bananas sliced.
- You need 4 of potatoes or sweet potatoes cut into quarters.
- Prepare 6 of longyard beans cut in 2 inches.
- You need 1 of big can pork and beans or chickpeas/garbanzos.
- It’s 2 links of chorizo (semi-cured Spanish sausage) quartered.
- You need 1/2 cup of tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fish sauce.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 1 of medium onion diced.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
In Philippine cuisine, puchero (Spanish: Pochero; Tagalog: putsero) refers to a dish composed of beef chunks stewed with saba bananas (or plantains). The dish may also include potatoes or sweet. Pochero (Puchero) is another great dish that we inherited from the Spanish. The Filipino Pochero is slightly different as it has tomato sauce and it.
Pochero step by step
- Heat pan and cook pork in oil for 30 minutes or until brown and tender. To lessen oil, you can also try using an air fryer to cook meat. Set aside..
- Using the same pan, add garlic until and cook light golden brown on low heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add potatoes and cook for about 5 minutes. Add chorizo and cook for another 5 minutes..
- Add sliced plantain bananas and water. Bring to a boil. Add pork and beans, fish sauce, tomato sauce, and cabbage. Simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add yardlong beans and pechay. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat..
- Serve with steamed rice..
What sets it apart from other tomato-based stew is that. See more ideas about Pochero recipe, Recipes, Filipino recipes. This is a soupy version of pork pochero. If you remember, the latest pochero recipe that we had is more like a stew. Chicken Pochero/Puchero is the perfect Sunday lunch!