Smoked Trout Dip. I always have the trout dip at one of my favorite restaurants. Season with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired. Just before serving, drizzle dip with oil and top with more chives, dill, and pepper.
Preparation Discard skin and bones from trout and break into pieces. This smoked trout dip is super simple to make and a delicious departure from the usual smoked salmon appetizer. Turn your friends on to something new when you bring this dip to that Superbowl. You can cook Smoked Trout Dip using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoked Trout Dip
- Prepare 1 lb of Smoked Trout.
- You need 8 oz of Neufchatel Cheese.
- It’s 8 oz of Light Sour Cream.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Green Onions.
- You need 2 tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Worcestshire Sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Dill Weed.
Recipe adapted from Amanda Baumgarten, Herringbone, La Jolla, CA. This article has not been rated yet. SCRAPE smoked trout dip into a serving dish and top with more green onions. This is a smoked trout recipe for whole trout.
Smoked Trout Dip instructions
- Chop 5 Green Onions coarsely, white and green parts. At aside some of the "greens" to sprinkle on top..
- Cut the cheese into 1" squares. This will help the mixing..
- Crumble the smoked trout. Set aside enough to sprinkle on the top..
- Add the trout, onions, cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire, salt, & pepper to a food processor. You may want to do half at a time..
- Pulse until everything is incorporated..
- Place in a nice serving bowl and top with the remaining "greens" from step 1 & trout from step #3. Recommend chilling In the refrigerator to allow the flavors to blend..
For most of the country, smoked trout means smoked whole trout, not the big slabs of fillets Salmon Nation is accustomed to. The smoked trout fillets are broken up with a fork in large flakes, then mixed with chopped celery, green The combination between the mayo and the sour cream makes this dip a little bit lighter and. Smoked trout dips are not like other dips. They aren't just a vehicle for eating more chips. Actually, you won't even want to taint smoked trout dip with chips, but eat it straight with a fork.