You can cook Homemade Baklava using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Baklava
- You need 250 g of strudel dough or 16 layers phyllo pastry.
- Prepare 125 g of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need 1/2 cup of pecans.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of macadamia.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, ground.
- Prepare of Syrup.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cups of water.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 of honey.
Homemade Baklava instructions
- In a pot add the syrup ingredients which is sugar, water, lemon juice and honey. Heat until sugar is dissolved. Turn off heat and let cool down..
- Chop nuts (pecans and macadamia) finely and mix with ground cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 160°C. In a oven proof dish spread a layer of unsalted butter, lay a sheet of strudel or phylly pastry, spread butter again. Do this for 5 layers. Add a layer of nut mixture (third of the nut mixture).
- Add 3 layers of strudel or phyllo pastry with butter between each layer. Add another layer of nut mixture. Repeat one more time..
- Last layer should be like first layer with 5 strudel or phyllo pastry sheets. Butter between each layer..
- Cut into squares right to the bottom of the dish..
- Bake in 160°C oven for 1 hour 15 minutes or until top layer is golden brown..
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly. Pour syrup over baklava..
- Enjoy with a cup of tea!.