Korean fried chicken. This Korean fried chicken is perfect for any occasion and I'm sure everyone will fall in love with it instantly. Learn how to make it in three simple steps! Be sure to click the BELL ICON to get my latest videos.
Chicken wings, corn starch, corn syrup, dried red chili pepper, garlic, ginger, grape seed oil, ground black pepper, mustard sauce, peanut oil, peanuts, potato starch, rice syrup, salt, sesame seeds, soy sauce, vegetable oil, vinegar. Korean Fried Chicken is a deliciously crispy chicken with a super sticky and savory bite you'll love. Korean Fried Chicken is a dish I first tried in New York about. You can cook Korean fried chicken using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Korean fried chicken
- It’s 2 of # chicken (I used wings and drumettes).
- You need 1/2 cup of potato starch (you can sub tapioca or corn starch).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of gochujang paste (can sub Sriracha or sambal).
- You need 3 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 oz of Mirin (can sub rice wine vin or similar).
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 quart of grapeseed oil (can sub oil of your choice) for frying.
- You need of Salt and Pepper.
Nicknamed "candy chicken," Korean fried chicken is known for its addictively crunchy exterior and its thick sweet-and-spicy sauce. When made right, even the bones become crunchy enough to eat. Mad Fry Chicken is one of the best Korean fried chicken restaurants in Gangnam. The crispy skin with the moist meat and specialty sauces are what makes this chicken restaurant stand out.
Korean fried chicken step by step
- Heat your oil to 350°- 375°.
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl put your potato starch. Individually coat your chicken..
- While oil is hot, fry your chicken for 12-14 minutes. Your going to double fry**.
- In a skillet, heat your sesame oil. Add your garlic, ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add your mirin, soy sauce and gochujang. Simmer for 5 minutes and add your brown sugar at the the last minute..
- After you're 12 minutes of frying the chicken, pull out of the oil and let sit for 1 minute. Add your chicken back into the oil and fry for an additional 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. (This assures your chicken is super crispy).
- After your chicken is fried for the second time, toss in your sauce or serve it on the side and enjoy! You can also garnish with sesame seeds and scallions if you want more presentation..
This Korean fried chicken is chicken thighs in a crispy coating that are tossed in a sweet, spicy and savory sauce. A unique meal or snack that's totally delicious! This Korean fried chicken (KFC) is double fried until extra crispy, then tossed in a sticky, sweet and spicy sauce. The only Korean Fried Chicken recipe you'll ever need! Korean fried chicken lovers could plan a poultry-themed tour of the country, snacking down the famous 'Fried Chicken Alley' in Suwon, tasting Sokcho's dakgangjeong (sweet, marinated chicken).