Nigerian Fried Plantain with eggs. Cut off the top and bottom of the plantain. Next, cut the plantains to any shape of choice. You can sprinkle some salt on the plantain if you like salted plantains.
Fried eggs are among the top popular breakfast recipe from Nigeria. Fried eggs are one of the easy breakfast ideas from Nigeria. You could serve with bread, yams or even noodles. You can have Nigerian Fried Plantain with eggs using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nigerian Fried Plantain with eggs
- Prepare half 1 of Plantain – ripe.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 of Onion – chopped.
- You need 1 of tomato – chopped.
- It’s 1 of Pepper green.
- It’s 1 Pinch of black pepper grounded.
- Prepare 7 Pinchs of salt.
- Prepare 2 Ounces of olive oil.
When you are running late to meet. Plantain and egg frittata is what I came up with this morning, this is one of the most delicious breakfast ideas. If you don't plan on preparing something very complicated in the This is what we call Nigerian pizza because it comes out exactly like it. The taste of stir fried onion in tomato egg sauce can be so. yummy.
Nigerian Fried Plantain with eggs step by step
- Cut the plantain in the shape of your choice into quarter inch thick pieces, preferably round or oval. apply a little salt to the cut pieces..
- Shallow fry them in olive oil till golden brown..
- In another pan, sauté chopped green peppers, onions for 3 minutes. add chopped tomatoes and sauté for 2 more minutes..
- Add salt and grounded black pepper as required. add whisked eggs and allow it to cook completely [on both sides]..
- Serve hot. tastes good with sautéed onions in sesame seeds with salt and grounded black pepper..
Kids love this dish, that's if pepper is not too much for them. If satisfied with the cooking ( I like mine crunchy and fresh). Remove from heat and serve with dodo, boiled yam, fried yam, boiled unripe plantain or boiled rice. Quick & Easy Way to Fry Plantains with a Chip Pan Basket. Nigerian Fried Plantains With Jollof Rice.