Vegan apple dumplings.
You can cook Vegan apple dumplings using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan apple dumplings
- You need of For the pastry and apples:.
- It’s 12 of apples.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- You need 5 cups of flour.
- It’s 12 tbsp of cold water.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cups of vegan butter.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of For the syrup:.
- You need 3 cups of water.
- Prepare 3 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cups of vegan butter.
Vegan apple dumplings instructions
- Combine the sugar and the cinnamon and set aside..
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour and salt. Add the vegan butter and mix it in with the pastry blender. Then sprinkle with water until the dough is formed..
- Divide the dough in 12 balls and roll them into 8 inch circles..
- Place the peeled and cored apples in the middle of the dough circles. Fill each apple with walnuts and cinnamon sugar..
- Bring the edges of the pastry to the top of the apple to enclose it well. You may shape the pastry as you want. (I added a little leaf shaped piece of pastry to each dumpling, just for fun :)).
- Place the dumplings into a baking dish and preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F)..
- While the oven is preheating make the syrup by adding together the water, sugar and butter in a saucepan. Heat the syrup mixture just until the sugar is melted.Pour t.
- Pour the syrup mixture over dumplings, then bake them about 1 hour..