Smoked Sausage Chowder. Smoked Sausage Corn Chowder is a fantastic hearty dinner that is bursting with flavor. This delicious chowder is basically a corn chowder recipe kicked up. Adding smoked sausage with green and red.
So quick, so easy and so delicious! I love sausage and sweet corn, so I put them together, and voila! This is a great soup to serve on a chilly day, along with piping hot homemade Sausage Chowder Recipe photo by Taste of Home. You can cook Smoked Sausage Chowder using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smoked Sausage Chowder
- It’s 1 packages of Smoked sausage or similar sausage.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of celery, chopped.
- You need 7 large of potatoes, peeled, washed & cubed..
- Prepare 2 of carrots, cleaned & sliced into bite size pieces.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken broth or stock.
- It’s 1 stick of butter or margarine.
- You need of garlic powder.
- Prepare of italian seasonings.
- You need of salt & pepper.
- You need of instant potatoe flakes for thickening.
By Jordan Roberts Heat Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot. This recipe is a simple creamy chowder with onions, fresh corn, red potatoes and smoked sausage. How to Make Guiness n Smoked Sausage Cheese Chowder. Smoky Sausage & Potato Chowder. written by Ashley Fehr.
Smoked Sausage Chowder step by step
- Place peeled cubed potatoes & carrots into a 5 quart pot & cover with water..
- Bring to a boil & cook until potatoes are fork tender. Carrots will be slightly hard but will continue to cook..
- Cut sausage into bite size chunks.While potatoes cook, brown together in a frying pan sausage, onions & celery & garlic powder until tender..
- When potatoes are tender drain off approximately half the water. Add the stick of butter, let it melt some. Then add milk & broth& stir. Add sausage & onion mixture & seasonings..
- Add the instant potato flakes as needed for desired thickness. I use these because it easy. Alternative: (A person could add cornstarch if it is first stirred up in cold water. 1 or 2 Tablespoons to a half cup of cold water. Stir until smooth & add to soup. Repeat as needed for thickness).
- Simmer until carrots are desired tenderness & serve!.
I have printed out the Quick Chicken Bacon Rise Soup recipe and the Smoked Sausage with Potato Chowder and am going to make up. Baking and curing/drying sausages/meats are times when you must follow the recipe to the letter, but this The chowder, after it's first stirring.gotta wait for a couple hours now to smoke the shrimp and. Smoked sausage and onions features a mustard sauce balanced by Balsamic, honey and vinegar. Smoked sausage (chorizo or chicken) adds another dimension to this flavorful sausage beef chili. This Sausage Corn Chowder recipe is super easy and super fast and has all the flavors that I want in the warm weather months.