Spaghetti with fried plantain and egg. Here's a quick and delicious pasta dish to make when you have little time, and even less food in the house. All you need is a box of spaghetti, four eggs, olive oil and garlic (Parmesan is a delicious, but optional, addition). With the fried egg salad, one does the same; the directions are to cook the eggs on the second side "until the yolks are set but still slightly molten" which pretty much makes me hungry every time I read it, and I've been making Mark Bittman's spaghetti with fried eggs (an old Minimalist recipe) for years.
I didn't have linguine so I used spaghetti. I also added some sliced chicken. Fried eggs are among the top popular breakfast recipe from Nigeria. You can cook Spaghetti with fried plantain and egg using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spaghetti with fried plantain and egg
- You need 1 packet of spagetti.
- It’s 2 of knorr cubes.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need 1 sachet of tomatoes.
- It’s 6 pieces of fresh tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Curry.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Thyme.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 3 of fresh plantain.
Fried eggs are one of the easy breakfast ideas from Nigeria. You could serve with bread, yams or even noodles. When you are running late to meet. When you find green plantains in the store (most grocery stores carry them close to the bananas; even my local Walmart has them!), you can take them Once they start to yellow substantially, plantains change in taste and get sweeter.
Spaghetti with fried plantain and egg step by step
- Boil egg for 5minutes.put down..
- Boil a packet of spagetti for about 12ninutes.bing down and drain the water..
- Place a pot on fire,when is dry add groundnut oil..
- Onces the groundnutoil is hot add sliced onion and tomato paste..
- Fry for 3mins and pour in sliced tomatoes stir and fry for 2minutes..
- Pour in water enough for boiling the spagetti.boil for 3minutes..
- Add salt,pepper,onion,knorr cubes,curry, and boil very well..
- Pour in the spagetti n stir very well to mix up with the ingredients.cover and boil..
- Boil till the water dry and put off the heat..
- Slice plantain and sprinkle salt on it..
- Pour groundnut oil in a frying pan,heat it up and add the plantain..
- Fry n select out when is done..
For sweet plantain recipes, you really have to wait until they are. Fried ripe plantains can be found not only on tables throughout the Caribbean but in other parts of the world. Some people prepare it to accompany every meal while others make it accompany specific meals. For example, in the South American country of Guyana, fried ripe plantains are traditionally. Plantains are starchy and often used as a vegetable the same way we would use a potatoes.