Cajun-Style Smoked Turkey.
You can cook Cajun-Style Smoked Turkey using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cajun-Style Smoked Turkey
- You need 8 1/2 lb of Whole Turkey Breast.
- You need 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dried Rosemary.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Paprika.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Ground Red Pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dried Oregano.
Cajun-Style Smoked Turkey instructions
- Clean turkey and coat with EVOO. Rub liberally above and beneath skin with spices to coat. Allow to sit for 3 hours..
- Preheat oven to 325°F..
- Fill bottom of stovetop smoker with 1 cup of apple wood chips. Place rubbed turkey on small baking rack over wood chips. Cover smoker tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil..
- Place smoker on stove over medium heat for 15-20 minutes..
- Remove smoker from stove and place directly into oven. Bake at 325°F for 4.5 hours. Remove foil cover and bake uncovered for additional 1 hour..
- When cooked through, remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before carving..