Smoked turkey. Smoking a turkey isn't a quick method, but it is amazingly flavorful. First spray the outside of the turkey with cooking spray. Apply the seasoning mix to the outside.
Your house may not fill with the scent of a roasting bird, but aside from a lovely color, smoking the turkey has has a variety of benefits compared to roasting. Our favorite smoked turkey recipe for Thanksgiving dinner. Use your pellet grill this year to free up oven space. You can cook Smoked turkey using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smoked turkey
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Onion powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh thyme.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh rosemary.
- You need dash of salt.
- It’s dash of pepper.
- You need 3 clove of fresh garlic.
- It’s 1 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of canola oil.
Prepare your smoked turkey outside on the Traeger to free up oven space. The ultimate Smoked Turkey recipe around. This Bourbon Brined Smoked Turkey is full of big bold flavors and is perfect for your Thanksgiving dinner. Smoking is a great alternative outdoor cooking method to grilling.
Smoked turkey instructions
- Thaw bird..
- Salt and pepper outside of turkey.let set 1 hr. or two..
- Put butter and pieces of garlic under skin of turkey..
- Coat outside of turkey with canola oil Sprinkle onion ,garlic powder, chopped thyme, rosemary all over bird..
- Smoke 10 or 12 hrs low and slow.remove aluminum foil tent 30 min.slice and enjoy..
Smoking a turkey, though not a task for the impatient cook, is also a good alternative to roasting or. For a great tasting smoked turkey- place some chopped aromatics—onions, garlic, even apple or lemon slices—inside the How to: smoke a turkey. Juicy charcoal-grilled turkey for the holidays. While it might not be the recipe your family has followed for generations, this smoked turkey will be what your guests remember this. Smoked turkey breast chief among them.