Collard Greens with Smoked Turkey Leg.
You can cook Collard Greens with Smoked Turkey Leg using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Collard Greens with Smoked Turkey Leg
- It’s 3 of collard green bunches.
- You need 1 of small onion roughly chopped.
- Prepare 3 cup of chicken broth (can use stock).
- It’s 3 clove of garlic roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red pepper.
- Prepare 1 of smoked turkey leg (or wing!).
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of hot sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Collard Greens with Smoked Turkey Leg instructions
- Rinse and clean greens. Separate greens from stems. Discard stems..
- Roll greens and do a rough chop. Set aside..
- In a large pot, sautee olive oil, onions, and garlic till slightly browned..
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth, red pepper flakes, and turkey leg. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30 minutes. Strip meat from turkey leg if necessary for the liquid to absorb the flavor..
- Add greens to pot. Cook on low for 45 minutes to an hour. Do not boil!.
- Taste! Add salt and pepper to taste. May also add hot sauce or vinegar.