Pecanwood Smoked Chicken. Smoked chicken: Whole chicken smoked over low heat with pecan wood results in flavorful, tender meat that can be served with barbecue sauce. Smoked turkey: For a show-stopping Thanksgiving dinner, try smoking a whole turkey with pecan wood to. We want to Invite ya in to Sit Down and Eat with Me , and my Wonderful.
Order your delicious ham online from Omaha Steaks today and save! Check out this applewood smoked chicken recipe. Pecan wood is actually part of the hickory family. You can have Pecanwood Smoked Chicken using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pecanwood Smoked Chicken
- It’s of Baste.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of apple juice.
- It’s 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare of Rub.
- It’s 2 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of black pepper.
While it's not as strong as hickory (although stronger than fruitwood), it belongs in the strong wood category because it can become pungent and bitter if used in. Think of smoke from woods like pecan, mesquite and alder the same as ginger, basil or tumeric. Each imparts a distinct flavor that There are three basic ways to infuse foods with smoky flavors. First is by smoking, a slow-cooking process in which wood smoke.
Pecanwood Smoked Chicken instructions
- Cut chicken into halves and cut off extra fat.
- Inject chicken with baste into each half slowly. Do not breach skin. Slowly inject until you feel resistance. Get all sections of meat as many times as possible..
- Apply rub to chicken and prepare smoker using peacon wood to 230-250 degrees..
- Smoke for 3 hours until internal temperature is 165. Baste and Flip every hour. Add rub if needed. If needed after 2 hours cover chicken with tin foil to avoid over smoking. When done let rest for 20 minutes..
- As a final step (depending on what you like and your smoker) I put it on the grill just for a few minutes to add.
I reccomend using it for chicken I use a lot of pecan wood. Probably because where my house sits used to be a pecan orchard. Grill masters prefer using fruit woods when smoking chicken but if you want a stronger smoky flavor, you can experiment with The common choice of wood in smoking turkey is cherry and pecan. Turkey meat is a smoke sponge compared to others and using a. Pulling smoked chicken is easy, affordable, and can be prepared ahead of time.