Pecan and almond baklava. Baklava is so light, fluffy, and full of my favorite flavors. I have to give it away every time I make it because I can't get enough. I could eat the whole pan in one sitting.
This is a lovely little stop between Alpena and Gaylord, would highly recommend. We sampled the baklava as well as lemon bars and coconut almond poppyseed bars, equally delicious. Spread out the baklava dough, start dipping. You can cook Pecan and almond baklava using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pecan and almond baklava
- It’s 1 box of phyllo pastry.
- Prepare of Melted butter and ghee for brushing.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 cup of almonds.
- You need 2 cups of pecans.
- Prepare stick of Long dowel.
- It’s of For the syrup.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of golden syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
Baklava is sweet, rich pastry, made with layers of phyllo dough, filled with nuts and sweetened with sugar syrup or I've read in books that acceptable fillings for baklava are: almonds, pistachios or walnuts, but I usually use walnuts or pecans. Baklava is a rich, sweet dessert pastry made of layers of filo filled with chopped nuts and sweetened and held together with syrup, frosting or honey. It keeps for weeks in room-temperature in a sealed container. Cut the diamonds out and store.
Pecan and almond baklava step by step
- Step 1: Add sugar and water to a saucepan and boil till sugar has dissolved and a little sticky.. Once sticky and clear, add in golden syrup and lemon juice.. Allow to cool…
- Step 2: Put nuts in food processor and grind till finely chopped(do not make smooth). Add in cinnamon powder and mix well… (make sure nuts r ground fine or it will make holes in the phyllo..
- Step 3: Take phyllo sheet and cut in half… Place 1 piece on worktop lengthwise with the long side in front of you. Brush with melted butter and ghee mix.. Place another sheet on top and brush again with butter.. Sprinkle nut and cinnamon mixture.. About 3 tsp(dont put too much). Take dowel and roll up (but not too tight)-see pic. Once it’s all rolled up, place each hand on both ends of the rolled phyllo, carefully push both ends towards the center to scrunch it up. (cleobuttera pictures).
- Step4: Remove skewer and place in a greased tray/casserole.. Repeat till casserole is full.. Cut into 4 pieces. If you have extra butter mixture, pour it over the rolls.. Bake on 160 for +-70mins or till golden brown.(cleobuttera pictures).
- Step 5: Remove from oven and pour cooled syrup on immediately whilst hot… Decorate with crushed almond mix/rose petals, etc.
- Variations: Pista makes amazing decoration(and changes up the taste a little) Add a few drops of rose essence in ur syrup and decorate with edible rose petals..
Process almonds, pistachios, Chelsea Raw Caster Sugar and cinnamon in a food processor until a course Pecan and Orange Baklava Rolls. by Chelsea Sugar. HL Assorted Sweets Gift Box – Baklava, Pistachio and Almond – Authentic Middle East Sweets I will definitely be buying more of this delicious baklava! I don't understand the negative reviews about It's hard to imagine something like baklava arriving in good condition, and this didn't, but the taste was ok. Buy baklava from America's favorite online store. Libanais (pronounced Lee-Ba-Nay) is a leading manufacturer and retailer of Baklava and vegan desserts.