Lamb Pie. You don't drain the fat from the lamb (but you can if you want). You line the interior with cheddar cheese. This lamb and cheese pie recipe from Jamie magazine is similar to those that can be found all over Greece; a delightfully tasty pie recipe that is easy to make.
Try them out! lb lean ground lamb (I have used beef or chicken mince too). Scrunch up any remaining pastry into balls, and place over the top of the pie. Remove the lamb with a slotted spoon and put into a pie dish. You can cook Lamb Pie using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lamb Pie
- You need 250 grams of puff pastry.
- It’s 500 grams of lamb meat.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of soup powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of thickening gravy.
- You need 1 of small onion.
- It’s 1 of egg (for brushing).
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
This lamb pie is a hearty and warming dinner. You can either make your own pastry, or if time is tight, buy it ready made. Download Lamb pie stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. Shepherd's Pie with Lamb – The result of an effort to recreate the best lamb shepherd's pie we've ever had, this recipe will blow you away with it's tangy, spicy flavor.
Lamb Pie instructions
- Boil the meat in a pressure cooker for 1 hour or in a normal pot for 4 hours. The goal is to make the meat super soft and to release the deeper flavours.
- Fry the onion and place in the meat and mix.
- Add the gravy and soup powder to boiling water, stir until thick then add to the meat.
- Simmer the meat while stirring continuously. Lower the heat if the mat sticks to the bottom of the pot.
- Roll out the puff pastry and flatten with a roller.
- Place the pastry in a greased oven proof tray..
- Add mixture and cover with other pastry.
- Brush over with beaten egg for golden brown look.
- Add into a pre heated (180 degree celcius) oven for 20-40 minutes.
- Let it rest and serve.
Lamb can be found in a range of pies but the most common lamb pie is better known as shepherd's pie and has a mashed potato top. Congratulations to winner Eden Dranger from Los Angeles, California. Check out other winners of The Old Farmer's. These moist lamb pies are popular in Sicily during Easter celebrations. Mint—a traditional partner with lamb—gets a special twist in this recipe's unique pastry crust.—Vera Reid, Laramie, Wyoming.