Mushroom Bolognese (vegan). My vegan mushroom bolognese is a fun spin on the Italian classic. Mushrooms are used for a rich and delicious vegan bolognese that is sure to please the whole family! Try our vegan mushroom bolognese recipe.
I've used red lentil pasta to. Reviews for: Photos of Vegan Mushroom Bolognese. This Mushroom Bolognese recipe is an easy, hearty, and oh-so-delicious vegetarian (and vegan!) take on traditional bolognese. You can cook Mushroom Bolognese (vegan) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mushroom Bolognese (vegan)
- You need 1 Pack of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 of Large Mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- It’s 1/2 of Leek.
- It’s 3 of Carrots.
- You need 2 tbsp of Tomato Puree.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of Oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of Tarragon.
- You need 2 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s of Vegan Butter or Oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s of Pasta.
I created this vegetarian mushroom bolognese recipe in partnership with SmartMade™. Thanks as always for supporting the brands that make this site, and my Italian grandma ways, possible. Vegan Mushroom Walnut Bolognese is a rich, hearty vegan bolognese made with mushroom and Vegan Mushroom Walnut Bolognese. If you are not vegan, do not panic and think that I have abandoned all animal products.
Mushroom Bolognese (vegan) step by step
- Dice the veggies so they are in small cubes. First fry off the carrots, onions and leek for about 5 mins in the oil (I recommend about a tablespoon of oil) on a medium heat until soft..
- Add the mushroom, garlic, herbs and spices. Try not to stir the mushrooms too much, their flavour is best when they are left to sit in the pan rather than being moved constantly. However, stir if they seem to be sticking. Cook on a low heat for a further 5 mins..
- Boil the pasta with a little salt..
- Add the tomato puree to the mushrooms. Add some water, a little at a time but make sure the dish isn't too wet. Cook for a further 5-10 mins, until the veg is soft enough but still has a little give. Season with salt and pepper..
- Serve on the drained pasta, much like with a regular bolognese. I don't eat cheese, but feel free to add some on top and enjoy!.
Is this vegan Mushroom Bolognese Gluten-Free. If you want to serve with traditional noodles, look for a gluten-free brand, like this one. How to store vegan mushroom Bolognese. Mushroom Bolognese, Vegan Penne Rigate Mushroom Bolognese. We love pasta dinners at home.