Cabbage and smoked sausage. Cabbage, however, I'm a huge fan of. This Cabbage and Noodles recipe is one of my favorite comfort foods and I also love this Sweet and Sour Cabbage Next time you need to warm your belly, try a bowl of this Cabbage Soup with Smoked Sausage. What kind of smoked sausage to use?
I usually complete my family's favorite slow cooker meal with a no-bake fruit dessert. Cabbage Sausage Supper Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Heat pan and add onion, smoked sausage, and potatoes. You can have Cabbage and smoked sausage using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cabbage and smoked sausage
- It’s 1 medium of Cabbage.
- Prepare 1 packages of Smoked sausage (1+ lb).
- Prepare 1 medium of Red onion.
- You need 1 can of Tomato sauce.
- You need 1 of Texas Pete hot sauce. I used 1tbs. Use what you like and the amount..
- You need 1 stick of Butter.
- Prepare 1 of Add salt and pepper as needed..
Season with the seasoned salt lightly (because the smoked sausage is salty enough), and add the paprika. Cook and stir over medium heat until potatoes are cooked about halfway through. Home > Recipes > Meat Dishes > Smoked Sausage and Cabbage. Gradually add water, cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
Cabbage and smoked sausage instructions
- Melt butter in a good size pan that would accommodate all of the ingredients..
- Cut cabbage into one or two inch pieces..
- Cut the onion in half and then slice into short pieces..
- Cut the smoked sausage into bite-size pieces on the bias.
- Once the butter has melted add the cabbage and onions. Cook on medium high heat until the cabbage is soft..
- Add the can of tomato sauce and the smoked sausage. Cover and cook 25 – 30 minutes. Stir occasionally..
Made with sausage, cabbage, apples, onion, and spices it's perfect with crusty bread and salad. We made this dish with smoked chicken sausage, but feel free to use andouille, kielbasa, or your own favorite flavor. Serve this sausage meal with crusty bread and a tossed salad. This savory soup is loaded with smoked sausage, cabbage, carrots, onions, celery and tomatoes in a flavorful seasoned broth. This soup was inspired by a craving for cabbage and hot cozy soup.