Moroccan Lamb Tagine. This authentic lamb tagine recipe will take you to slow-cooked perfection in six simple steps – just kick back and let it do its thing. This is a traditional Moroccan lamb tagine simmered in numerous spices. Don't let the long ingredients list put you off.
I guarantee will fall in love with the tender slow-cooked lamb in its gently spiced aromatic sauce. Lamb Tagine from Delish.com is a well-spiced Moroccan delight. Don't write off making a tagine if you don't own a tagine pot. You can cook Moroccan Lamb Tagine using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Moroccan Lamb Tagine
- You need 1 kg of mutton or normal stewing lamb/beef.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 handful of fresh coriander.
- Prepare 1 can of chickpeas, drained.
- You need 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 300 ml of vegetable or beef stock.
- You need 100 g of prunes, stoned and roughly chopped.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of flaked almonds.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Black pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sesame seeds.
- It’s 1/2 of garlic flakes.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tablespoon of powdered beef stock.
- You need 1 tablespoon of dried oregano.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ginger.
- It’s 1 of lemon/lime juiced.
We made ours in a Dutch oven and it comes out perfectly! This sweet and spicy Moroccan tagine recipe is traditionally prepared with lamb following Eid Al Adha, or Eid Al Kabir. A tagine is a slow-cooking stew and this lamb stew recipe gets its Moroccan flavor from a blend of aromatic spices such as turmeric, cumin, ginger, cardamom, and cinnamon. Moroccan Lamb Tagine Recipe (Mrouzia) – Tajine de Viande – TASTY RECIPE طاجين – How to make Moroccan Lamb Tagine Try this Mouth Watering Moroccan Lamb.
Moroccan Lamb Tagine step by step
- Mix all the spices together in a small bowl to make the spice rub..
- Put the lamb into a large bowl, massage it with the spice rub, juice of one lemon/lime and marinate for a few hours or for best results overnight..
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, and fry the meat over a medium heat for 5 minutes..
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, then pour in 200ml of stock and stir. Bring to a boil, then put the lid on the pan or cover with foil and reduce to a simmer for 1.5 hours.
- Add the prunes and the rest of the stock. Gently stir and put the lid back on, then cook for another 1.5 hours. Add a little water if it at any time it starts to get a little dry. The meat should be tender and falling apart..
- Lightly toast the almonds in a separate pan until a nutty scent is emitted. Garnish with the toasted flaked almonds and fresh coriander. Serve with saffron cous cous..
This Moroccan lamb tagine recipe is inspired by the classic flavours of North Africa, served with toasted couscous. See more Lamb recipes at Tesco Real Food. Put the lamb tagine into a separate warmed dish and scatter over the toasted almonds and coriander leaves. Place the Greek yoghurt in a bowl with a spoon so that guests can help themselves. Moroccan Lamb Tagine from Barefoot Contessa.