Slow cooker lamb tagine. Lamb tagine is a classic and this slow cooker recipe uses the best of Moroccan ingredients. Add the harissa paste, garlic, spices, salt and pepper and mix well. Add the onions and apricots, olives.
It creates quite an impact when you serve it! This classic tagine is so easy as the slow cooker does all of the work. The ideal warming meal to have waiting for you after a long day. You can have Slow cooker lamb tagine using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow cooker lamb tagine
- It’s 1 of shoulder of lamb.
- It’s 1 of aubergine.
- You need 1 of courgette.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 jar of black, pitted olives.
- It’s 2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander.
- Prepare 1 jar of tagine paste.
- You need 6 of shallots.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 100 g of soft apricots.
- It’s of Lamb stock to cover meat.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cornflour mixed to paste.
This lamb dish is delicately spiced with za'tar, cinnamon and cumin and then further enriched with flavours such as apricot, olives and chickpeas. This is a traditional Moroccan lamb tagine simmered in numerous spices. Don't let the long ingredients list put you off. If you are missing one or two the dish will still turn out fine.
Slow cooker lamb tagine step by step
- Coat lamb shoulder in paste..
- Chop vegetables into small cubes (1cm) add to slow cooker..
- Add tinned tomatoes and stock so liquid covers meat..
- Stir in spices and seasoning..
- Add cornflour paste to thicken sauce 2hours from end..
- Slow cooker on high for 5 hours or medium for 6-8hours.
- Taste and add seasoning as required..
- Serve with lightly toasted pitta bread and couscous.
I prepped everything and let it simmer all afternoon in a slow cooker. The meat was so tender and flavorful! It's a wholesome slow cooker lamb tagine! A huge hit in my household. I hope you like the vlog and if you do, you might like.