Butter beans curry with aubergine (vegetarian/vegan/glutenfree). ✿ Veganlovlie Recipes / Butter Bean Curry: This recipe is a quick and easy curry with just the basic spices to make it a simple but delicious meal. The Best Butter Beans Vegan Recipes on Yummly Sweet Potato, Spinach & Butter Bean Stew [vegan] [gluten Free], Butter Bean Stew, Vegetarian Jamaican Pumpkin Curry With Butter BeansHealthier Steps.
Our meat-free recipes include aromatic Indian and Thai curries packed with vegetables Black cardamom is gorgeous with aubergines. It has a distinctive smoky flavour, although it's subtle in this dish. How to make Aubergine Peanut Butter Curry. You can cook Butter beans curry with aubergine (vegetarian/vegan/glutenfree) using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butter beans curry with aubergine (vegetarian/vegan/glutenfree)
- You need 1 tin of butter beans or dried beans soaked and boiled till soft.
- It’s of I large aubergine cut into cubed.
- It’s 1 of medium size onion, cut in thick slices.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s leaves of Few fresh curry.
- Prepare 2 TBs of curry powder.
- Prepare Pinch of fenugreek seeds or 'panch puran".
- Prepare 1 of small fresh tomato cut into cubed.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Water to make the gravy.
- It’s of Fresh coriander chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin (optional).
- It’s 2 Tbs of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala.
Add them to a pan with no oil and cook on a medium heat until they are nice. If you can't get your hands on baby aubergines, you can easily make this recipe with a regular aubergine cut into chunks. This vegetarian goulash is packed with veggies and is a filling hearty meal, suitable for all the family. It's warming and cosy and is perfect I've added butter beans to this goulash for some extra protein, however, you can use other beans too, cannellini beans work well.
Butter beans curry with aubergine (vegetarian/vegan/glutenfree) step by step
- Open the tin of beans and drain the water..set aside..
- Place a large pan on medium heat. Add oil followed by the onion. Cook until translucent.
- Add ginger, garlic, curry leaves cumin if using. Followed by the curry powder. Cook for 1 minute..
- Season with salt. Add aubergine, tomato. Stir gently so the aubergine coats the cooked spices..
- Add water, cover and leave to simmer..
- After about 10 minutes the aubergine will soften. Take care when stirring so you don't mash the aubergine..
- Add the drained butter beans. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary..
- Cover leave to simmer for another 10 minutes until all come together. Leaving you with a rich thick curry sauce and all the vegetables nicely cooked..
- Turn heat off, sprinkle with fresh coriander and garam masala..
- Serve warm with accompanied of your choice..
This amazing aubergine curry (or eggplant curry) is quick, vegan and soooo tasty. The simple fact is that aubergines and eggplants are the same thing – with different names. Make this curry with whatever you have on hand, I used a mix of Mushroom Curry with Spinach & Chickpeas – thelastfoodblog.com #vegan #glutenfree #curry. Indian vegetarian and vegan food blog about spicy Indian curry, South Indian recipes, kid friendly recipes, simple and quick Indian recipes. A healthy gluten free and vegan spinach chickpea curry with all the goodness of essential vitamins and minerals.