Speghetti…squash. Spaghetti squash is such a fun, underrated vegetable! Here is my favorite way to cook it, along with I get so many questions about how to cook spaghetti squash, so I thought I'd share my go-to method. Spaghetti squash or vegetable spaghetti is a group of cultivars of Cucurbita pepo subsp. pepo.
It's so easy and delicious when you do it right! Like all winter squash, spaghetti squash requires some time in the oven before it becomes tender enough to eat. The quickest way to get this side dish on the table is to cut the squash in half and cook. You can have Speghetti…squash using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Speghetti…squash
- Prepare 1 large of speghetti squash.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of evoo.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of sage and rosemary to taste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter (optional).
- You need 1 of desired amount favorite speghetti sauce for top of your "speghetti".
- It’s 1 of parmesean cheese (optional) or nutritional yeast flakes for vegan option.
Gluten- and carb-free, spaghetti squash is healthy, delicious comfort food. Try one of these When cooler weather sets in, spaghetti squash recipes reign supreme. Though there are plenty of other. Spaghetti squash is so healthy and versatile.
- Preheat oven 425.
- Slice ends off of speghetti squash then slice down center length wise.
- Remove seeds and stringy mush.
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil.
- Drizzle olive oil on squash add seasonings.
- I roast my squash sliced side down and put my garlic cloves under neath my squash in the hole where I dug seeds out and roasted that with it.
- After about an hour pull squash out of oven and flip it back over..shred in the meat of it with a fork with the grain of the squash so It looks similar to speghetti.
- I mix mine with a bit of butter and add some more salt then top it with sauce and cheese or mix the squash with yeast flakes for vegan option and top with sauce.
You can simply enjoy it with some salt and pepper as Spaghetti squash is considered a nutrient-dense food, which means it's low in calories but high in. Jump to the recipe showing How to Cook Spaghetti Squash or watch our quick video showing you how we do it. It is important to use a large, sharp knife when cutting spaghetti squash. Flimsy blades will bend and leave you frustrated. Is Eating Spaghetti Squash Good for You?