Slow cooked lamb tagine. Lamb tagine is a classic and this slow cooker recipe uses the best of Moroccan ingredients. How to make slow-cooked lamb tagine. A sweet and gently spiced lamb & apricot tagine.
A slow cooker creates the same kind of moist, gentle cooking as the ceramic tagine. Serve with flatbreads, couscous or rice. This slow cooked Morrocan stew combines warming spices like cumin, turmeric and paprika with perfectly tender diced lamb and a little sweetness from dried apricots. You can cook Slow cooked lamb tagine using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow cooked lamb tagine
- You need 1.25 kg of chunked lamb shoulder.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of hot chilli power.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground tumeric.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 3 of onions.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 400 ml of hot vegetable stock.
- It’s 200 g of podded broad beans.
- You need 150 g of dates.
- It’s Handful of fresh coriander.
- You need of Couscous to serve with.
Take a look at my recipe video and step by step instructions on how to make the BEST Moroccan Lamb Tagine. This is a traditional Moroccan lamb tagine simmered in numerous spices. Don't let the long ingredients list put you off. I prepped everything and let it simmer all afternoon in a slow cooker.
Slow cooked lamb tagine instructions
- Roughly chop three onions and set aside..
- Crush three bulbs of garlic and set aside..
- Put the lamb in a large bowl and add the ground cinnamon, ground cumin, chilli powder, turmeric and white pepper..
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add 1/2 the lamb and fry for 3 minutes until brown. Tip into a bowl. Brown the remaining lamb in the same pan and add to the bowl..
- Do not clean your frying pan. Keep it on a medium heat and add the onions and garlic. Fry in all that delicious left over lamb infused spices and oil. Fry for about 3 minutes until the onions are soft..
- Add your stock and all the lamb to the pan and bring to the boil..
- Transfer everything to your slow cooker and give a really good stir. Cook on high for 1 hour with the lid on..
- While that’s cooking pod your broad beans and set aside..
- If your dates arrived stoned remove their stones and set aside..
- Once the first hour is up add your broad beans, give everything a good stir and cook for another hour on high with the lid on..
- Once the second hour is up add your dates, give everything a good stir and cook for final hour on high with the lid on..
- Roughly chop the coriander..
- Plate up generous quantities of tagine with couscous and garnish with the fresh coriander..
The meat was so tender and flavorful! Slow Cooker Lamb Tagine – Slow Cooker Club. If you've never cooked a tagine, then a slow cooker Lamb Tagine is the perfect place to start. Transfer the lamb to a slow cooker. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and black pepper.