Smoked Cornish Hens.
You can have Smoked Cornish Hens using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smoked Cornish Hens
- You need 4 of Cornish hens.
- It’s 2 of grape fruits.
- Prepare 2 of oranges.
- You need 3 of lemons.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Maples syrup.
- You need 2 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of apple wood chips.
Smoked Cornish Hens instructions
- Add all citrus(cut in half) and molasses to large bucket or pot for brine. Brine over night or for at least 8 hours. Feel with water until hens are fully submerged.
- Pull hens from brine pat dry and brush with olive oil.
- Combine dry season and season both sides of hens..
- Add hens to a grill. Keep temp around 225 for 2 and half hours. Add Applewood or fruit wood of choice for best smoke flavor..