Italian Wedding Soup. I used to be intimidated to make Italian Wedding Soup. I have no Italian lineage and my mom never made it growing up, so for whatever reason it seemed easy to mess up. This easy Italian wedding soup recipe is the absolute BEST!
Stir the soup in a circular motion. Gradually drizzle the egg mixture into the moving broth, stirring gently with a fork to form thin stands of egg. Italian Wedding Soup is a traditional Italian soup made with juicy, herb-Parmesan infused pork meatballs, acini de pepe, carrots, celery, and spinach all simmered in a bold, rich, aromatic, broth – it. You can have Italian Wedding Soup using 21 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Wedding Soup
- Prepare of Meatballs:.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of ground veal.
- It’s 1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 clove of garlic minced.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of milk.
- It’s 1 of egg beaten.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need of Soup:.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of sweet onion finely chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of carrots finely chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of celery finely chopped.
- It’s 2 cartons of chicken stock (about 8 cups).
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ancini de pepe (small pasta).
- Prepare 2 cups of baby spinach.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
This Italian Wedding Soup can be made on the Stove Top, Crock Pot, or the Instant Pot! Make it with homemade meatballs, or use frozen meatballs for an quick and easy dinner idea! Wedding soup or Italian wedding soup is an Italian soup consisting of green vegetables and meat. It is popular in the United States, where it is a staple in many Italian restaurants.
Italian Wedding Soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients for the meatballs together and shape into small meatballs. Place on a pan lined with parchment paper and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked through..
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan and saute the onion. Add the next five ingredients for the soup and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the ancini de pepe and simmer for another 6 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add meatballs, spinach and parmesan cheese and cook for 2 more minutes..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Wedding soup consists of green vegetables (usually endive and escarole or cabbage, lettuce, kale, and/or spinach) and meat. Italian wedding soup really is such an easy soup to make. The part that takes the most time is making the meatballs. You can use any combination of ground meat you like. Italian wedding soup has long been one of my favorite soups, but it's one I've never made myself, as I always assumed it was a chore to make all those meatballs before making the soup itself.