Moroccan lamb tagine. This authentic lamb tagine recipe will take you to slow-cooked perfection in six simple steps – just kick back and let it do its thing. This is a traditional Moroccan lamb tagine simmered in numerous spices. Don't let the long ingredients list put you off.
I guarantee will fall in love with the tender slow-cooked lamb in its gently spiced aromatic sauce. Lamb Tagine from Delish.com is a well-spiced Moroccan delight. Don't write off making a tagine if you don't own a tagine pot. You can have Moroccan lamb tagine using 25 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Moroccan lamb tagine
- You need of Tagine.
- Prepare 600 g of lamb neck fillet, trimmed of any fat and cut into 3cm chunks.
- It’s 1 of x 400g tin tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of x 400g tin chickpeas.
- It’s 500 g of sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks.
- It’s 350 ml of chicken stock (from cube).
- Prepare 90 g of dried apricots.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 100 g of plain yoghurt.
- It’s 1 of small bunch coriander, chopped.
- It’s of Spices.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of harissa paste.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, finely chopped (or garlic paste).
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need of Couscous.
- It’s of For speed use packets with added spices and add extra ingredients.
- Prepare 2 packets of Ainsley Harriott Spice Sensation couscous.
- It’s 1 of pepper (any colour).
- You need 1 of courgette.
- It’s 10-15 of olives, pitted.
- Prepare 10 of cherry tomatoes.
- You need of Small bunch of coriander, chopped.
We made ours in a Dutch oven and it comes out perfectly! This sweet and spicy Moroccan tagine recipe is traditionally prepared with lamb following Eid Al Adha, or Eid Al Kabir. A tagine is a slow-cooking stew and this lamb stew recipe gets its Moroccan flavor from a blend of aromatic spices such as turmeric, cumin, ginger, cardamom, and cinnamon. Moroccan Lamb Tagine Recipe (Mrouzia) – Tajine de Viande – TASTY RECIPE طاجين – How to make Moroccan Lamb Tagine Try this Mouth Watering Moroccan Lamb.
Moroccan lamb tagine instructions
- Prepare all the ingredients..
- Add all the tagine ingredients (except for yoghurt and fresh coriander) to the slow cooker. Stir well..
- Set the tagine to medium and cook for 8 – 10 hours..
- When ready to eat prepare the couscous.
- Serve the tagine with the couscous. Top with a dollop of yoghurt and chopped coriander. Add seasonal veg if desired..
This Moroccan lamb tagine recipe is inspired by the classic flavours of North Africa, served with toasted couscous. See more Lamb recipes at Tesco Real Food. Put the lamb tagine into a separate warmed dish and scatter over the toasted almonds and coriander leaves. Place the Greek yoghurt in a bowl with a spoon so that guests can help themselves. Moroccan Lamb Tagine from Barefoot Contessa.