Stuffed Shells (Lactose free). We've created a lactose-free spin on the classic stuffed shells that still tastes delicious and is perfect for any dinner party. Drizzle the rest of the tomato sauce over the stuffed shells and sprinkle with leftover Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (lactose-free). Lactose-Free Veggie-Stuffed Shells. "I wanted my family to get the benefits of soy, so I tweaked a traditional recipe.
Rinse, and set aside, holding in cold water (to prevent sticking). This easy stuffed shells recipe with sausage, spinach, tomato and ricotta cheese will make just about anyone reach in for more. These stuffed shells are pretty simple to make and are perfect for making in advance. (We've shared lots of tips below for making them ahead). You can have Stuffed Shells (Lactose free) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Shells (Lactose free)
- You need 1 packages of Melissa's Extra Firm Tofu.
- It’s 2 tsp of EarthBalance Butter (vegan, lactose free, non-dairy).
- You need 1 box of (12oz) Barilla Jumbo Shells.
- It’s 2 tbsp of RealLemon Juice.
- You need 1 of Green Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Red Pepper.
- Prepare 163 grams of Green Olives.
- You need 2 cup of Daiya cheddar cheese shreads (lactose free, vegan, non-dairy).
- Prepare 1 small of handful soy flavored bacon bits.
Awesome recipe Dana, just one thing about Go Veggie cheese. Their lactose free products contain casein, a by product from the dairy industry, so it is not a vegan product. Dairy-Free Spinach Stuffed Shells* I used this for the tofu-spinach ricotta filling, it turned out wonderful, super delicious and filled the lasagna very well. dairy free spinach shells (or lasagna layer). I have secretly served tofu to my husband this way several times (I add some parm reggiano to my version.
Stuffed Shells (Lactose free) step by step
- Tofu prep: Drain, slice, and press tofu for 45 minutes. (to drain excess water out.).
- Add earthbalance butter, Reallemon Juice and tofu in pan. Gently scramble tofu and bake on low heat over stove until tofu is lightly browned, stirring frequently. (After tofu is baked, set aside for now.).
- Boil Jumbo shells for roughly 12 minutes. (Drain, rinse and set aside for now.).
- Chop, de-seed and pit the red and green peppers. Cut up the olives..
- Mix together the cooked tofu, chopped red and green peppers, chopped olives, daiya cheese, and soy bacon bits. Mix well..
- Carefully stuff each jumbo shell with the mixed ingredients.. Heat until cheese is melted if preferred, or eat as is. Enjoy!.
This stuffed shell pasta is inspired by Terry Walters, author of Clean Food and Clean Start cookbooks. There's a recipe for basic stuffed shells in her Clean Food Of course, it doesn't taste exactly like ricotta cheese (not that I even remember what it tastes like!), but it sure is a tasty dairy-free alternative. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta shells and cook for half the cooking time on the package; make sure not to overcook. Stuffed Shells — Easy Comfort Food.